Hikari Lionhead Sinking Pellet

Zebbynpengi

I am going to buy the Hikari Lionhead sinking pellet. I want to use it for lionheads, orandas, and single tail goldfish, would this pellet be ok to use for this variety of goldfish? Thanks

I am going to buy the Hikari Lionhead sinking pellet. I want to use it for lionheads, orandas, and single tail goldfish, would this pellet be ok to use for this variety of goldfish? Thanks

This pellet is perfect for all goldfish types. They may not be so good for ponds, since they sink, but other than that, they are fantastic.

Take care to feed a bit less of this, since this pellet is extremely nutrient dense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My fancies do great on it, and my comets seem to like it too. I use hikari goldfish gold mostly for the pond as it doesn't sink.

sorry didn't realize this was an older thread

Plenty of goldfish do great on this food, but mine are not fans. I think the pellets are just too large and cause swim bladder problems for them. Mine have done much better on NLS Thera-A and Pro Gold. This is not meant to discourage you as yours will likely do fine - I just wanted to offer my own experience. :-)

EDIT: sorry, I just noticed the previous poster's edit saying this was an older thread ... I didn't notice because it showed up as a recent post. :-)

Edited by *Amanda*