Sign in to follow this  
Remo AkaGizmo Barcellone

APS 1400ef.. What a difference that makes!

So after some discussion and friendly advice on here, I ditched my Eheim 2012 and ordered an AllPondSolutions 1400ef. Time for some photos :)

IMG_20140519_102717.jpg

Before I installed the filter, this is how my tank was looking..

IMAG2290_BURST010_1.jpg

IMAG2292.jpg

IMAG2293.jpg

And now. )Sorry I just accidently deleted the photos showing spray bar etc.. Only got this one right now till I get home)

IMG_20140520_103614.jpg

I've gotten used to absolute silence from my tank, now you hear the tickle of the spray bar, pretty awesome flow. Little guys love it.

Setting up the filter was easy enough. Apart from the "prime" part, the instructions were as good as useless tbh! I had to youtube how to do it, in the end, I just played around with opening it, turning it on etc haha. Worked eventually. Sweet.

My water is still fairly cloudy, but tonight I'm gonna do a water change again anyway so hopefully I should see some clear water!!

What size tank is that and how much was the new filter? :o

Best of luck with it, your fish are beautiful!

Beautiful Goldfish!!!!

Did you see my 10% discount code for APS?

Dude no, I done it at work on my phone between clients lol. The filter cost £60, free delivery. It was on offer on preorde. Mine looks slightly different from others on YouTube etc so I assume I have a new revamped model?

My tank is a Flival Roma 125. I have a crudely fitted black background too lol. I don't have much space to get in behind it lol

Hasn't that expired now? I think I'm going to order a submersible pump from APS, I'm sick of using buckets for water changes

So that means 125L which makes it... About...33g. Are you planning to upgrade anytime? :o

Hasn't that expired now? I think I'm going to order a submersible pump from APS, I'm sick of using buckets for water changes

A pump, clear hosing, and you've got the best water changer. :nana

So that means 125L which makes it... About...33g. Are you planning to upgrade anytime? :o

A pump, clear hosing, and you've got the best water changer. :nana

Most people will dissagree, but no, I'm keeping this. For now, at least. I'd really like a 250l, but I'm pushing for space and also the fact of transporting it up the stairs (i live on the 3rd floor) is a nightmare. We'll be good for now :)

My little boys just crashed out so I'm gonna uickly go start a water change..

Oh crao, just had "one of those moments". The missus was out, the wee man was sleeping, I thought I could fart around and do a water change. Got sirious and wanted to put my surface sooner thingy on, as I didn't bother before. Turned off the fikter, tried fitting it, oh, need to "prime" it again. What a load of d***ing around it is! Li g story short, one of the clips was slightly off, about a liter of water came gushing out! .

I've sorted it now. Floors soaked and my girlfriend is due back soon. I'm just gonna say I accidently dropped some water during the change..

Honestly, I wouldn't wait to upgrade. Your one moor is huge and it isn't really right to leave him cramped in a 33 gallon tank with 2 other Goldies.

Question, how often and how much did you usually change your water?

Oh crao, just had "one of those moments". The missus was out, the wee man was sleeping, I thought I could fart around and do a water change. Got sirious and wanted to put my surface sooner thingy on, as I didn't bother before. Turned off the fikter, tried fitting it, oh, need to "prime" it again. What a load of d***ing around it is! Li g story short, one of the clips was slightly off, about a liter of water came gushing out! ######.

I've sorted it now. Floors soaked and my girlfriend is due back soon. I'm just gonna say I accidently dropped some water during the change..

Oh dear! :teehee

Great filters!! I have 3!!...I have found if you cut the pipes to size so they are vertical and make sure the spray bar is submerged when you prime! it will work every time!!:-)

Great filters!! I have 3!!...I have found if you cut the pipes to size so they are vertical and make sure the spray bar is submerged when you prime! it will work every time!!:-)

ahh! I was thinking about cutting the hoses, but I do plan on getting a Flival stand at some point, so thought it may be best to keep em for now. Hate how they are so rigid and stuck in their spiral shape though.. I suppose the hoses will loosen off eventually though

Typically I'm happy doing a water change every second day. Between that and over filtering, I believe we will be ok :)

Every second day? That's dedication! :rofl:heart

I'm doing that now with a quarantine tank and I can't wait for it to be over. Changing out 20g every two days isn't exactly my idea of a good time :rofl3

Typically I'm happy doing a water change every second day. Between that and over filtering, I believe we will be ok :)

Every second day? That's dedication! :rofl:heart

I'm doing that now with a quarantine tank and I can't wait for it to be over. Changing out 20g every two days isn't exactly my idea of a good time :rofl3

At the end of the day, I know I may be over stocked, so the least I can do is try to keep the water in good quality.

When I done a water change yesterday, I noticed the old water was actually still very clear looking as I poured it out! Before I have the external filter, it was always a yucky shade of green haha

Congrats on the new filter!

Just a tip for while you are overstocked: Fill the tank up all the way. The way it is currently filled, the 33g probably only holds about 80-85% of what could be in there. Especially in situations like yours, even with the water changes every other day, the additional 15-20% of water volume can make quite a bit of a difference :)

Also, that moor is an absolute stunner!

Awesome! I think you'll find the easiest way to prime is to pour water down the hose. It's what I do on my Eheim. :)

Edited by dan in aus

Awesome! I think you'll find the easiest way to prime is to pour water down the hose. It's what I do on my Eheim. :)

That's what I do with my APS filter :)

Aaaah, I'm gonna keep this in mind then!!

About topping up my water level more, I was hesitant to do it before, just incase it gets too close to my bulbs? My moor loves to surface, quick regularly he jumps a little above water level and then dive bombs about hah. So was thinking about that? Think I should just go for it anyway??

Don't know but try it... PFK-VOU

Don't know but try it... PFK-VOU
Thank you, it worked :)