Goldfish play

How do your goldfish have fun?

My black moor is back from the hospital tank. He likes swimming against the current from the filter when my water level is lower and then lets it tumble him back. He also does it from the power head. I think he's high from the diffuser. Crazy fish.

Some of mine like to pretend that they are not an all male community, and start picking a random "victim" to play the female, who will be chased by all the other fish for up to half an hour.

Other than that almost all of them love to forage even without substrate, looking for goodies that may be hidden under a large rock or behind the filter intake.

My all male tank does the same as Oerba's, only they never agree on who the victim is so the two of them go corkscrewing, noses to tummies, all over the tank. The other tank actually has a female to pick on, so there's that. Luckily they don't harrass her too much. Other than that there's always foraging which often involved uprooting any young plants I may have that haven't fully rooted yet. Oh, and in the bare bottom tank Peaches enjoys pulling gravel out of my little plant pots and redistributing it across the bottom of the tank. This also often involves uprooting the younger plants. Some of my previous fish have also enjoyed swimming against the current from the filter outflow..

My fantail loves to kiss my fingers. He is the only one who does this, and swims up to my hand as soon as it goes in the tank. Other than that, my telescope likes to freak me out by sleeping in really awkward positions that make it seem like she's dead - only to "come back to life" and start swimming normally moments later. And my fantail/black moor loves to annoy my tele by chasing her around for short periods of time throughout the day (I bought them together and they've always done this).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I don't know if this is for fun or if this is for trying to get all the food for themselves: during feeding time my orandas will chase each other's tails at the same time forming a whirling circle that knocks into everything around it causing flying substrate and detritus all over the place. It is quite comical!

Edited by LisaCGold

• Helper

My Abraham likes to splash, he will swim at the surface and 'jump' and smack his lips making huge splashing sounds and if I'm near the tank he will wet me :hehe: Bamboo likes to pick at Algae on the back wall, amongst the bubble wall. Tiger likes to chase Cali. Google likes picking at algae off the rocks. Cali sometimes seems to 'race' with Tiger back and forth across the tank :lol: