Anubias Type and Bruise

LisaCGold

What type of anubias is this? I got this plant at Petco. Also, see the "bruise" at the base of the stem? Should I remove that leaf or do you think it will be okay?

anubias3_zps9b9da4f6.jpg

anubias4_zpsf19407c3.jpg

Thank you!

That's a Frazeri and one of my favourites!

I would definitely remove that stem as it may develop into a brown deadly fungus that likes to eat anubias. (By eat I mean annihilate.. :yikes ) Once it's removed, it should be okay to go. :)

Keep the rhizome clean and you'll have happy anubias! :happydance:heart

Edited by Chai

I definitely agree that you should remove any damaged parts of the plant. Anubias are pretty hardy, so even if most of it is damaged, it'll probably come back strong. :)

That is lovely anubias, I have 2 of them. In my tank (my observations) comper to anubias nana, that type needs more light and grow twice slower.

Edited by adnan

Thank you everyone. I've removed the bruised part, glued it to a rock, and put it in my tank. The light in my tank is on the low side of the medium light range, so hopefully that will make this anubias happy. All is well!

That is lovely anubias, I have 2 of them. In my tank (my observations) comper to anubias nana, that type needs more light and grow twice slower.

These are definitely the slowest in my tank, but I'm excited about the new leaves even more when they pop up. :teehee