How much have you spent?

Hello all,

Just curious, whats the most you have ever paid for a goldfish l ever? I know everyone or most people on kokos are obsessed with goldfish and are enthusiasts and i would love to know whats the most you have spent on a single fish? I only have 2 fancies and the most expensive was about €7 haha but im sure some people will have much higher prices , well fire away!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I have not spent much on the fish itself. Most of mine are "cheap" LFS fish, between $ 3 and $ 9.

The most I every paid was about $ 25 or so, but the fish turned out to be mislabeled as something she wasn't, stunted when I got her, and had her health problems from the beginning for years until she passed away. Not that I regret getting her though.

I know that is not the question that was asked, but a high price doesn't equal high quality. In fact, the cheap single tails I bought and bred at home are the healthiest in my flock.

Around £30....except when I kept marines!! I can't imagine how much I spent on them!!=-O

Waddles was about $50 but then I had to get a new tank and stand. Does that count too? :tomuch:

Yeah, I helped you find him! :rofl3

:hmm

She would've thrown the baby out with the bathwater, if I hadn't told her to wait a few days.... :hide:

Edited by yafashelli

My most expensive goldfish was $12.99. It was for the Aten my orange and white ranchu. Usually I refuse to spend more than $6 on a fish (well,I did spend $9.99 on my dojo loach, but I couldn't find one locally for less), but he was the first ranchu I had ever seen at our lfs and I had to have him. Of the fish I have now my next most expensive goldfish were Osiris & Nephthys (calico ranchu) who were $5.99 each.

I had a blue oranda who was $25, she was a great girl. The betta I recently bought from a supplier up north was $90.

It's probably a bit idealistic, but if I have the money and they look like they'll make me happy and I can do the same for them, price becomes somewhat irrelevant.