surfsnow123 (ebay) - Clark River Driftwood

Guess what! It's Review Time!

A couple weeks ago I bought a piece of driftwood from http://www.ebay.com/usr/surfsnow123

This is the piece http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODcxWDExODI=/z/XOcAAOxydgZTIOYl/$_57.JPG

Unfortunately the piece arrived broken in half, which was an easy fix with some silicone. I contacted the seller and was immediately offered an apology along with either a full refund or a free piece of wood plus free shipping.

Of course I picked the free item :ehh

The wood was as dry as a bone, and it took a while for it to soak and stay at the bottom. Initially I had to place a couple large river rocks on top of the slate, but now after a week and a half in the tank, the wood stays in place on its own. The rocks won't stay in place though, because my fish all think they are interior decorators. "THIS ROCK DOES NOT GO THERE!"

The wood also does not affect the pH at all. After arrival I boiled it to remove tannins, but the water barely got a yellow tint.

Overall, even with the mishap during shipping, I was very pleased, especially considering how accommodating surfsnow123 was when I told him about the damage. The seller does not have a ton of pieces at a time, but adds new pieces to his listing every week, and I like that there are many "goldfish-safe" pieces without sharp edges, which is something I can't seem to find at any of the LFS around here.

I will be giving a positive review and 5 stars on anything. Item was as described (minus the shipping accident), shipping was fast, customer service fantastic, great quality driftwood.

This is my wood in the tank, and you can see a couple of the tall anubias I got from suntsova.

100_9307copy_zpsbaee0f17.jpg

This here is a beautiful piece he currently has up for sale. It would look fantastic as a center piece in someone's tank! The only reason I did not pick this as my free item is that I was looking for a longer piece of wood.

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRIFTWOOD-Art-Aquarium-mounted-on-slate-Clark-Fork-River-Unique-And-Different-/121336338324?pt=Decorations&hash=item1c40359794

And this is the free item I will receive some time next week. It is 22" long
$_57.JPG

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Very nice find Ms. Fang.

Congratulations.

I am amazed that your fish can move the rocks.

They look big...your fish must be pretty big too.

Very nice find Ms. Fang.

Congratulations.

I am amazed that your fish can move the rocks.

They look big...your fish must be pretty big too.

Yes and no. 4-5" body length. Aside from that, I believe they develop super powers when it comes to food, and pellets sliding underneath the rocks.

I swear, if these fish were humans, they would flip a car in order to get to a sandwich that the wind blew underneath the vehicle. :lol

Excellent! Thanks for the review :)

Your tank looks great :thumb:

I'm going to check this out, as I have been thinking about putting the anubias on driftwood, rather than their usual rocks. :) Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks ladies! You should get that gorgeous piece I linked to :D

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang