Sign in to follow this  
Saralyn

Need help finding an online website to order fish?

I am very interested to know if anyone has had experience with buygoldfishonline. They are close by me, inexpensive and have a good selection of goldfish. My main complaint is that with a few exceptions, the fish are not photographed individually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

At least these fish from there seem to be healthy.

I believe once my tank is set up I'll go ahead and take the risk.

If you beat me to getting fish from there give me a heads up on your opinion.

I did buy one of my orandas from buygoldfishonline. The guy was very helpful, even emailed and called me back regarding some questions I had. The fish I purchased was the fish that was delivered, the process from start to finish was on the up & up. I believe my fish is healthy. Long story short, he is my only remaining fish in the tank and is going strong, I have had him for over 1 year. My first recommendation for consistently healthy fish is rain garden based on kokos members posts. You may pay more than you want but it may save you heartache later on. On the other hand, you may find a good fish elsewhere too. I have a very healthy fantail I got from craigslist for $15.00 6 months ago. Good luck to you.

That makes me feel better about ordering from there. I know which "stock" fish I want, but I kept debating about if I wanted one of the "fish by picture". I can't get over one of the white/lemon butterfly tails. You don't see those everyday. At least I don't think so? lol

041214009.jpg

Wow I didnt know that it is hard expensive to get fish in USA. It is much easier to choose and get fish here in Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam. We have 4 fish streets (we call them fish street because many shops on that street sell fish, equipments, tanks...) here and each is about 5 to 7 km from each other. The nearest one is 1km from my house. I feel so lucky :).

Sara, you could save for some more, because it is better to pick fish from trustworthy sources like ECR or raingarden.... Good luck, hope you can find the fish that you really like.

I searched all the forums on here for "buygoldfishonline.com" and searched through almost all of the post through out the years. I saw a lot of positive feedback from my understanding. :) Also, I really do wish we had a nice pet store around here. Sadly no one really gets into the hobby of fish keeping around here. The ones that do get into the hobby like cichlids for the most part. I've seen videos of the fish stores in Vietnam and there's so many fish to choose from! Wish I could visit the shops. :D

I searched all the forums on here for "buygoldfishonline.com" and searched through almost all of the post through out the years. I saw a lot of positive feedback from my understanding. :) Also, I really do wish we had a nice pet store around here. Sadly no one really gets into the hobby of fish keeping around here. The ones that do get into the hobby like cichlids for the most part. I've seen videos of the fish stores in Vietnam and there's so many fish to choose from! Wish I could visit the shops. :D

Yah, but all the beautiful and healthy 1st rank goldies are mainly imported from China and Thailand so the price is a little bit high. But some fish farms have been established, I hope that the local sources would be cheaper. :3

Wow I didnt know that it is hard expensive to get fish in USA. It is much easier to choose and get fish here in Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam. We have 4 fish streets (we call them fish street because many shops on that street sell fish, equipments, tanks...) here and each is about 5 to 7 km from each other. The nearest one is 1km from my house. I feel so lucky :).

Sara, you could save for some more, because it is better to pick fish from trustworthy sources like ECR or raingarden.... Good luck, hope you can find the fish that you really like.

I'm so jealous of cities that have fish streets! :teehee

I've seen videos people have taken of various ones in Singapore, China, etc. It looks like you could just walk around in them and see fish all day long. :cry

Here is one of the shops on the nearest fish shop which I often go to, the fish are not kept in good condition though, but they have many types of fish.

Here are the vids if you guys want to know more about it :D

So many per tank, but they're all active and swimming happily. :o

So many per tank, but they're all active and swimming happily. :o

Yay but it depends on the source, not that they have healthy fish all the time.

But usually I would avoid these shops because if I go there I would stay around and try to look for a cute goldfish. :teehee