An issue with Moe's mouth

Update: They're a little more active now. Moe's lip doesn't look as red as it did half an hour ago. It looks like it's peeling back from the center of his lip. Almost like sunburn, only it's slowly peeling away more and more of his lip. Could this be the dead/injured skin falling off?

Edit: I forgot to say that tomorrow, monday, is the 5th day. (Well more like 5 and a half because I did the first treatment late at night.)

Edited by Kitty1297

If this is the 5th day of the prazi, you can go ahead and do a 100% WC to get all the prazi out, add back salt, and let them go for 2-4 days in salt only before doing another WC and treat with prazi again.

The red doesn't seem too bad, and I expect it should decrease by the time you read this message. Please keep us updated. :)

I just prepared the salt for their water. I'm waiting for it to cool. How do I do a 100% water change without removing all of the fish? Also, should I be feeding them medicated food of any kind? I didn't think I needed it at first and I'm still not sure if they really do need it or not. I have both Medi-Gold and MetroMeds.

Moe's lip looks white almost like it's normal color, but there is a red sore around it where the lip is ripping. He's been eating well and is almost as active as the rest of them. They're all not looking 100%, but that's probably due to the medication.

I don't think you need medicated food. There is no indication of infection (injury, yes), so let's give him the chance to heal up on his own. :)

For 100% WCs where I don't want to move the fish, I do two back to back 85-90% WCs. :)

Ok, I'm in the middle of doing the water changes now. So we should be up and running with just the salt in the water in about a half hour.

My python came in over the weekend and I'm so happy to be using it! I was worried it would suck up all the water! Ha ha!

Here's a funny story about the seaweed delight! I tried to feed it to them on saturday. The males figured out that it was food and went crazy over it. The females didn't have a clue and tried hiding behind it like it was a plant. I ended up removing it and feeding them progold. lol! I'll have to try again.

Water changes done. We did about 80% each time. I also ran the filter when the water was high so that medicine wasn't sitting in the filter during the water changes. I slowly added the saltwater to their tank while the water was filling. They look a little stressed from the water change, but they should be ok in a little while.

Moe's lip started looking less inflamed after the first water change. Now it only has a tiny bit of red. It's looking pretty good right now.

Update: Last night I was feeding them before I went to bed. Before I fed them, Curly was darting to the top and grabbing air, then darting back down. During feeding, he nearly jumped out of the water. Then he flashed out of the water over the divider and into the female side of the tank. It was late, so I left him there, but I have to move him back because he's chasing them and picking at them. I haven't seen him flash since he jumped to that side. I already have the tank lowered to the 5 gallon mark, so now I think have to lower it even more after I move him back.

Moe's lip is looking really good though. I think it's healing up well!

I'll check it today when I get home from work. Funny thing is, I haven't seen him do that since Tuesday night. I left the tank the way it is. It's still only lowered by 5 gallons. I have been treating it as a 50 gallon tank.

Yesterday the ph tested at 7.6. Today is day 4 of the salt treatment. Moe's lip is looking red again, with his lip peeling a little, almost as if he injured it again. I don't know what he could be hurting it on. I don't have any ornaments in there and haven't had any in there since before he hurt his lip. All I have is the divider, a bubbler that sits on the male side of the tank and the filter. The intake tube of the filter is on the male side as well. Maybe he kissed the filter intake and that's what caused the first injury and now he's just irritating it? I don't know what's going on with his lip.

Should I just do the normal 50% WC and add back the salt plus prazi treatment?

This morning when I woke up, all the fish seemed off. The are breathing weird and they're a little twitchy. Also, Curly (the white and orange fish in the videos) was aggressively picking at Moe's lip! I was getting very upset with him. All the males seem to be aggressive towards each other, but more of it is focused on Moe. Moe's lip is looking less red today despite Curly picking on it. I'm going to do a water change and see if that helps any. Maybe they've been in the salt for too long? I can always add it back if you guys suggest it. I just don't know what to do.

Today is day 5 that they've been in just salt. They're due for a water change anyway.

Here are the videos: http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/MegaKitty1297/library/Moe%205-17-14?sort=3&page=1

Tonight we did two 80% water changes. Prazi Pro Round 2 ended 2 days ago, but life got in the way and we weren't able to remove it until tonight. I feel bad about it. Moe's lip was looking good on and off over the week. It would look better, then he'd rub it raw again, then better, then worse. Tonight it looks raw again. I'm going to let them be in the fresh water for tonight. He's acting normal and eating normal.

I was thinking tomorrow I should add back the salt treatment and just keep an eye on him. I'm hoping it will heal better if I keep up with 2 water changes throughout the week.

Is this a good plan or did you want me to try something else?

Will you upload a video or some pics for us? I am thinking that we are done with prazi, and possibly salt as well. I would like to try just clean water with very frequent WCs, but would like to assess the state of things, if that is possible. :)

I did not get any pictures of him on sunday. The last water change was 4 days ago. We did two 80% WC's. His lip was staring to look better. It was still a little red, but not as bad.

Then I was looking today and I thought I was looking at the skin healing over it, but as the night went on, I realized it was a bubble under the skin. It was getting, bigger and I took a couple of videos of it. Now he must have popped it on something, because it looks like it flattened out. You can catch a glimpse of it before it popped. He's still acting pretty normal. He's not 100% because the lip is probably bothering him.

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/MegaKitty1297/library/Moe%205-29-14?sort=3&page=1&postlogin=true

I might put him in a hospital tank tomorrow. The other males are chasing him around and he's bumping into things. He just reopened the wound. The skin that used to be the bubble is now ripping off. I feel like it will never heal if he keeps hurting it.

Ok, I'll update tomorrow, once I set up the QT. Is there anything I should do for him tonight?

No, I think he is doing fine, and the wound was healing. So, we just need to give him the space to finish up the process. :)