Help! Red spots transparent growth?

Alexx

Hi guys! So recently I bought a chocolate pearl scale, she was pretty healthy at the shop. When I brought her home I noticed she had a little bit of white growth on her tail but I thought it really wasn't a big deal. But now (got her yesterday, this is the second day I've had her) she has red spots on her tail and the transparent growth stuff has spread more. Help! I don't know how to treat her! I only have hydrogine peroxide, Epsom salt, and melifix. Thanks in advance!

Here's a video of her

Hi Alexx. Can you please fill out this form and someone should be able to offer some advice once we know a little more.

Please copy & paste fill the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems:

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?
      • * Water temperature?
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?
      • * How often do you change the water and how much?
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often?
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?
  • * Any medications added to the tank?
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0~.10ppm

* Nitrite Level(Tank)0ppm

* Nitrate level(Tank)15-25ppm

* Ammonia Level(Tap) not sure

* Nitrite Level(Tap) not sure

* Nitrate level(Tap) not sure

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4ph

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) not sure

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API fresh water test kit

* Water temperature? 72

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 40 gallons

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aquaclear 70

* How often do you change the water and how much? 2 times a week one 25% another 40-50%

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 1 day ago

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 fish 4inchs, 3inches, 5inches

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime and Tetra safestart

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Omega one goldfish pellets or purple bag hikari

* Any new fish added to the tank? Yes 2 fish

* Any medications added to the tank? Some aquarium salt?

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Bloody spots and transparent growth on tail

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Nope. Healthy and eating except the blood spots and growths

Alexx, please try to get tap parameters. Also, how long was the tank running before the 2 fish were added? Approximately how much salt have you added?

Does she have bloody spots on both sides and her tail? I'm not sure I really see the white areas on the tail . . . .

The bloody spots were new yesterday? How does she look/act today?

Do you have aquarium salt in the tank? If so how much and how long has it been there?

Are the other fish exhibiting any signs now or are they looking normal?

All the other fish in the tank are doing fine. And yes the marks were new yesterday. I have about 2 tbs of aquarium salt in the tank. Today I took her out of the tank and put her In a 5 gallon bucket with an air stone. I'm treating her with melifix right now. She's pooping and eating fine. The red spots are the same if not...even a little bit worse. And the transparent growth on the inside of the tail is doing a little bit better. I will try and upload a video of her tail with the white growth.

I found out what his sickness is. It's septicemia. And yes it's definently septicemia. I just checked on her and 3/4 of her has blood streaks. The redness is bold and scary looking. What should I treat her with? I'm honestly not planning on losing her :(

I found out what his sickness is. It's septicemia. And yes it's definently septicemia. I just checked on her and 3/4 of her has blood streaks. The redness is bold and scary looking. What should I treat her with? I'm honestly not planning on losing her :(

Alex, have prominent blood vessels in the veins IS a sign of septicemia, but it's also a sign of stress, and sometimes, of perfectly normal fish. The reds spots are something to watch for, but right now, I just want you to salt to 0.1% in the tank. A video of your fish in the tank would be fantastic. :)

Here's a video of her.

As you can see it doesn't look like it's from stress, it looks a lot to be septicemia. She's seems to be Healthy and active though. No signs of lethargic behavior. How much is .1% salt for a 40 gallon tank? Sorry I don't know how to calculate that ahah

Do you have anything meds with which you can treat, Alex?

I would like for you to use Metro-Meds if you have any. If not, I would like for you to see if you can find metronidazole power, as well as kanaplex, or TriSulfa.

Disregard the salt.

I do agree that it does look to be sepsis, or some sort of internal bacterial infection, and it does need treatment. Thank you for providing the video, which was very informative.

Today I checked on her and half the redness is gone. Guess I didn't need meds after all, just a prayer :) thanks guys for the help though! If I ever have a fish that has "septicemia" I'll know what to do :) thanks again!!

Today I checked on her and half the redness is gone. Guess I didn't need meds after all, just a prayer :) thanks guys for the help though! If I ever have a fish that has "septicemia" I'll know what to do :) thanks again!!

I would just like to say that half of it is gone means half is still there.

Please keep an eye on her.