Ariel has a lump.

I just noticed it today. I have to go to my brother's baseball game but I cant get pics and fill out the form later tonight... :(

jy7ude2y.jpg

7avuqa4e.jpg

Don't know what you can see from these I snapped them before I left. She won't stay still.. still very spunky and ate fine.

I can't see the bump :idont

Yeah I'm gonna get her in a cup for pics tonight.

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank): 0.0-.25 ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank): 0 ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tank): 0 ppm
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap): 0 ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap): 0 ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tap): 0 ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): 7.8
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): 7.8

Other Required Info:

• * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
  • * Water temperature? 82* F
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55 less then a year I think...
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? penguin power filter models 350
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? once or twice a week. I had to bleach plants and filter due to major algae problem. Fish in cycling currently. Ammonia stays under 1 ppm always.
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? yesterday 90%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 8 full size females.
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Seachem Safe
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Betta Bio-Gold, Repashy Meat Pie, bloodworms, brine shrimp once a day
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? none.
  • * Any medications added to the tank? none.
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. preventative prazi in december I believe, melafix after the initial first month together to help repair fins.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? large lump on one side
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Competes for food just like everyone. She's curious and spunky and none of the other girls are picking on her so she's not weak.

006-6.jpg

004-4.jpg

Please let me know if there is anything I can do...

Hi Mel,

PM PSP and Narny to alert them to the thread. I know one of them is in the midst of finals, but perhaps they can take a look?

Hang in there.

Sorry, we had a big day today so I haven't been on :(

If you have epsom you can start adding that at 1/8th tsp per 10US gallons. I'd be inclined to take the metronidazole route directly to the water if you have powder form. I'm not sure about whether metromeds are suitable for such small fish to feed orally so someone else will need to confirm.

What does her poo look like?

It looks like she's swollen all over and not just in the one area with the lump and scale lifting

Edited by Narny105

Sorry I worked all day and was late... it's been a long friday. I haven't seen her poo yet heh. I have a ten gallon tub and I put the Epsom and metro in

None yet I'm just back from the store and starting to set up. I don't have a spare heater at the moment either but the Goldie tank is staying at 78 without a heater. Will that be okay? I can grab one tomorrow.

How much metro would you like in there with her?

1-2 scoops (scoop included) for every ten gallons. Should I do 1?

I put one scoop in. It says to redose every 2 days until symptoms disappear. :idont

since it's an antibiotic, dose for 7 days, then reassess before continuing for a further 7 days.

As for dosing every two days, I think it will be more efficient to be dosing once daily, however can you post a link to the metronidazole? It should tell you how many mg of metro is in one scoop, or the concentration of metronidazole. You should be dosing the equivalent of 25mg metronidazole per 1 gallon of water daily

Ok, thanks. Dose it as 25mg/1 gallon daily for 7 days which should be 1 scoop per 4 gallons. That works out as 2 1/2 scoops per 10 gallons which is pretty close to seachems higher-end recommended dosing :)

Do a full water change before dosing- it might be easier to reduce the water to 5 gallons and just cup him before starting the water change. You should be able to fill it up with him in the tank so the temperature of the tank and cup are more accurate when you release him

Once the bloating reduces stop adding the epsom, and make sure it's removed at the 8 day mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I just wanted to update on Ariel. I've had a crazy week and a half with all my fish. Sorry it has been so long.

So Ariel is looking much better! You were right she was swollen all around and it went down after a few days. I've been dosing with the metro powder and I tried feeding an MM and she loved them. I've been giving one or two in the morning and one at night. It seemed to be the perfect amount for her really I just crushed them so it was easy for her and she devoured it!

The lump has gone down but not all the way. I don't have pictures at the moment but I will by tomorrow :)

Thanks again for your help :)