Sign in to follow this  
sus4ntoh

A little worried

Hi All,

It has been a while since I last posted on this forum. We donated our gold fish when my job demanded lots of travel and now that everything starts to calm down, I thought to start having goldfish as pet again.

So I ordered two Ranchus from bettaworld09 and I am a little worried.

(

)

They are being shipped using FedEx 2 day delivery and should arrive tomorrow before 10:30 AM. My concern right now is the weather as it is 90 degrees F today and according to forecast, tomorrow would be 97.

Do you guys think if there is anything I can do when the fish arrives or follow the regular regime? Hopefully I won't have two cooked big fat Ranchus tomorrow :(

Edited by F4ith

I've never had fish shipped to me before, so I'm afraid I can't help there. But I did want to say that those are two absolutely beautiful ranchus. Congratulations!

Hello :)

Good luck with your new fish! :)

For me, if the fish are in bad conditions, I will immediately move them to the ideal condition, on the presumption that whatever stress they may suffer by the sudden changes will be counterbalanced by them being removed from bad water.

Thank you Browny and Hi DNalex! Good to see that you are still around :)

I should know in an hour what the fish condition is... start to get antsy!

.... sigh I guess it is not meant to be.

.... sigh I guess it is not meant to be.

Oh dear. What happened?

Both DOA :(....

A lesson learned is I think the seller is not experience with shipping fish. Both were individually packed but I think each plastic bag that they are in is small for their size.

I'm so sorry. :(

I'm so sorry. They were beautiful. :rip:

Edited by BronwynH

Thank you very much browny and dnalex. It means a lot to me. I bought a 20 gallon as a qt tank, prazi, print a schedule and the whole nine yards.

I'm sorry. :hug

Did you contact the seller? I'd let him know. Hopefully he will try to improve his shipping methods. If he doesn't hear from you he may very well assume things were fine. :idont

I'm sorry. :hug

Did you contact the seller? I'd let him know. Hopefully he will try to improve his shipping methods. If he doesn't hear from you he may very well assume things were fine. :idont

Actually, in addition to all that, he will need to refund you the money (fish + shipping), since it was a DOA. I'm so sorry. I know this is upsetting. :(

Aww that is so sad :( I hope you contact the seller and he is able to make things right!

:cry very upsetting!

I hope the seller was cooperative.

Oh, I'm so sorry! I've wondered about this too with living as far south as I do. Maybe the safest times for shipping would be when the weather is in the 70's. :idont I hope the seller will work with you.

The seller said DOA only covered using overnight. I did ask before I decided which method to ship. However In this case, I don't think the weather contributes to the fish demise. According to fedex, the fish doesn't arrive in California until the morning it supposed to arrive at my place. I chose 2 day shipping because if ECR can ship to east coast to west using 2 day shipping, Midwest should not be a problem which proved to be wrong.

terrible news :( i am so sorry :(

I am sorry for your loss :( most sellers have that guarantee unfortunately.

I've gotten fish from Ken when the temps were in the high 90s. When you have a seller that really knows how to ship, then temps don't play as big of a role.

Thank you Everyone for your kind thoughts. I appreciate it...Hopefully one day someone can learn from my experience.