the pearlies, photoshoot vid & weigh in. 29.04.2014

Helen

• Supporter

please excuse the non clarity in the pics. my stepson took all our good lenses for a wedding lol.

here is a bunch of photos i made into a video..

and here is a video where i weighed them:

thanks for watching :)

• Supporter

Silly, cute, and awesome!

we are! we are!! :rofl

Ahhh!!!! Sooo cute!!! :heart I've always wanted a pearly.

one day Mikey, when you rehome a few or upgrade... your next fish will be a pearly ;)

They look so great Helen!! I love Ballerina, what a special and cute girl. I can't wait to see them grow big and healthy in your care :heart

fingers crossed! i hope they do too :heart thank you :)

They're so rotund! :D I do love a pearlie. Makes me miss my little Bean.

aaww once your planted tank is more established, you should get one. in my limited experience of owning pearlies, they do not appear the type to be ripping plants out.. although PSP could prolly tell you more about that :)

Helen, your pearlies are gorgeous! :heart before I got into keeping goldfish, I'd always desperately wanted a pearlscale. When I started keeping goldies, I never found any that really grabbed me like the ones I'd seen before had :( maybe one day :) i can't wait to see them grow under your care :)

They're so rotund! :D I do love a pearlie. Makes me miss my little Bean.

aaww once your planted tank is more established, you should get one. in my limited experience of owning pearlies, they do not appear the type to be ripping plants out.. although PSP could prolly tell you more about that :)

They are goldfish, what do you think?! :rofl :rofl :rofl

In all seriousness though they rarely touch my plants. Sometimes they pull up new plants on accident with their tubby bodies but other than that they tend to leave things alone.

• Supporter

They're soooooo thin--I think you should try feeding them! :rofl3 I absolutely love them!

yes.. they are supposed to be rounder! ROUNDER!! i will work on that! :rofl

Helen, I love them! A black pearlie is on my list of 'would buy in a minute should I chance upon one.' Can't wait to see how they develop!

he sure is a cutie.. but that colour he will not keep. it's already starting to fade. i see a solid orange spot on one side of him, his belly, butt and other side seem to be turning white. so i am not sure what wardrobe he's going to end up wearing. currently, he's more chocolate than black :)

Helen, you've inspired my new love of pearlies :wub: they are all adorable :)

Excellent music in the first vid :Jig:

We are discussing types of pearl scales in LTAF. What kind are yours? Tiku? :hmm

Who's your fav fatty :teehee

Beautiful! I still really like the dark/chocolate one, but the one you weighed last also grabbed my attention during the photo compilation video. Their fat wriggly bodies are definitely growing on me :)

• Supporter

Helen, you've inspired my new love of pearlies :wub: they are all adorable :)

Excellent music in the first vid :Jig:

We are discussing types of pearl scales in LTAF. What kind are yours? Tiku? :hmm

Who's your fav fatty :teehee

they are Tiku.. and i recommend them to everyone. they are a lot of fun.. Ms Piggy seems to be effortless and quite bossy. these 5 seem to already have little personalities that tell them apart. they are so darling :wub:

my fave fatty is Ms Piggy.. they will join her in a few weeks time, i am eager to see how Chubber Chu (the giant) warms to them :)

:clapping: They look great!

thank you :D

Beautiful!!!!

thanks Heidi :)

They are gorgeous, Helen! :D

thanks Alex :bighug

• Supporter

That group of Pearlscales Goldfish is so inspirational!

thank you! they were a very unexpected purchase. and i am very happy that the enabler in me was present at the time i saw them! :rofl

Your little guys look really cute.

Love the pics Helen.

thanks Mike! you newbie(s) are wonderful too :)

Beautiful! I still really like the dark/chocolate one, but the one you weighed last also grabbed my attention during the photo compilation video. Their fat wriggly bodies are definitely growing on me :)

i have to say that they are all equal to me where it concerns my liking them. but, as a mother... the slightly special needs one is the first one i immediately have thoughts for.. LOL..

they are all super cute :) I love the photos :)

thanks shelly :)

How gorgeous! I am very envious! Tikus are at the top of my "must have" list... I just haven't had luck finding any! Looking forward to your future photos of them! :3