Sign in to follow this  
mattyhills1987

not 100% what the white glaze over the eye and on the (nose)?

What is the current tank pH and have you used any baking soda?

Glad the fish is looking better. :)

6.8 on using the low PH test.....and 6.0 using the high one... havnt used any baking soda yet, but iv bought some. I guess ill have to add a bit to get it up

It says that the Chemi-Pure Elite alters the aquarium PH.

Any weigh in from the mods on whether that could be the cause of the PH jump?

I would remove the chemi pure elite. It contains carbon which is not needed in GF tanks. Some people will use it occasionally to remove meds or if their tank clouds up. However after about 3-4 weeks it loses its effectiveness and start leeching back into the water. I would put some sort of mechanical filtration in there--sponges and/or filter padding.

6.8 is better but I do think you're going to want to raise it a bit. :)

I didnt say that the FX5 all ready had the foam filter blocks in aswell... So i should just remove the chemi pure and then the filter will only have the bio media and the foam blocks in... Think i should get these to go in then ??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fluval-FX5-Fine-Polishing-Pad/dp/B001602BUK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399563729&sr=8-2&keywords=fx5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hagen-A248-Fluval-Filter-Pad%252c/dp/B000HHO764/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1399563957&sr=8-5&keywords=fx5

If you feel you need them. It isn't necessary though. Just add more biomedia otherwise. ;)

Ok ill look into it :)..... but Just want to say thanks to all of you anyway that have helped and gave me advice etc, ill make sure ill keep doing it all from now on :)...