New Plants!

yafashelli

Thank you for sharing. I'm not very familiar with that technique of plant cleaning. I hope that will be a good solution for my Anubias plants.

Fill up a good sized container of water (mine is about 6 gallons), and then add enough bleach to make the water "slimy" (I use about one cup). Then I add my plants, and they stay in there from 3-5 minutes, or until the algae easily wipes off. I try not to do this too often, but whenever the algae gets irritating, or I see a more worrisome kind of algae, I let the plants have it. ;)

Be careful using this method on more "delicate" plants like anacharis. I usually just cut, and throw away, any stem plants that show signs of algae outbreak. Thankfully, my dosing is good, and I don't often have a problem other than diatoms, and occasionally green spot.

Thank you for sharing. I'm not very familiar with that technique of plant cleaning. I hope that will be a good solution for my Anubias plants.

Fill up a good sized container of water (mine is about 6 gallons), and then add enough bleach to make the water "slimy" (I use about one cup). Then I add my plants, and they stay in there from 3-5 minutes, or until the algae easily wipes off. I try not to do this too often, but whenever the algae gets irritating, or I see a more worrisome kind of algae, I let the plants have it. ;)

Be careful using this method on more "delicate" plants like anacharis. I usually just cut, and throw away, any stem plants that show signs of algae outbreak. Thankfully, my dosing is good, and I don't often have a problem other than diatoms, and occasionally green spot.

Thanks so much Yafaselli! Of course I'll be careful, I don't want to poison my goldies. By the way I found Helen's YouTube clip which as a good guide.

Really appreciate Yafaselli, you made my day!

Thanks so much Yafaselli! Of course I'll be careful, I don't want to poison my goldies. By the way I found Helen's YouTube clip which as a good guide.

Really appreciate Yafaselli, you made my day!

No problem! Any time!

Yes, Helen's video is exactly how I do it! :) I refer to it every time I need to do a bleaching.

Very inspiring plantings! and fish :)

Thank you very much! :)

Your tank looks fantabulous Tammy! :) (I made that word up just for you)

Thanks for looking! I'm so glad that you like it! :D I make up words all the time. ;)

OMGGGGGG :heart

I think I may need to switch sands. :thud

You can't even *see* that there's sand. It looks like a white bottom. It's so awesome! :D Did you see my stardust? It has a few nice new leaves. :) :)