New Plants!

yafashelli

Jenna and I did some Tropiquarium damage, so I wanted to share *some* of my haul with you. I picked up a few more really cool things, but I have to find a way to work them into the 'scape. :)

Enjoy!

Below: The new Kleiner Prinz Sword, and in the back, the spindly leaves are a Crinum Calamistratum. Very cool plant, thank you, Jenna!

10325202_10152340705238711_3017077254418

Starring in the photo is King Cal. He's my largest fish, and is about 6", maybe a bit more, from nose to heiny.

The back right plant, with the very prominent leaves, is the aponogeton boivianus. I hope that mine grows to look as nice as Jenna's does. :)

10151884_10152340705383711_1250187156686

Closeup! Pardon the poop! Dean is so rude! :rofl3

1661859_10152340705433711_79394998449962

Full Tank Shot!

10151279_10152340704733711_7155867653674

10289874_10152340705063711_9057948336098

Thank you so much for looking!

Looks so nice! :nana I love the planters you used. Really hope the aponogeton flourishes!! :D

Thankyou for fiiiinally getting these pictures up. :teehee

Gorgeous Tammy!!!!!!

Thank you, Heidi!

Looks so nice! :nana I love the planters you used. Really hope the aponogeton flourishes!! :D

Thankyou for fiiiinally getting these pictures up. :teehee

Hahahaha! I know, 24 hours is such a LONG time to wait! ZOMG! :rofl3

Thank you so much! :heart

Beautiful Tammy. I love that curly plant. Is it easy to grow?

The one on the left side? By the Val? It likes a nutrient rich substrate, and shouldn't be more difficult to grow than your lace plant, or a sword. :D:heart

:rofl I still see java fern. Just can't get rid of it, huh? :rofl

It looks good though. I say leave it.

Love the new additions Tammy!! :heart

You know me, I'm a plant hoarder at heart. :rofl3 I have to figure something out, so I can put some other really cool things into the tank. ;) Thanks, Lisa! :D

Edited by yafashelli

Looks good Tammy!! :thumb:

Now I must go out and find crinkly plants once my fish decide if they are sick or not.

Thank you!

Do eeeeeet! Tropiquarium is amazing, and they have a lot of "different" kinds of plants, if you don't mind the trip in. :)

Check in with me, your local plant spy, if you have something in mind! :rofl Tammy almost missed out on something they usually have, for which she went specifically! :o

Lookin' good, Tammy! :thumbs:

I'll have to drag my parents on a road trip to Trop when we visit Jersey in the summer. :lol2

Yes! You must! Girls day out! :D:panana

Check in with me, your local plant spy, if you have something in mind! :rofl Tammy almost missed out on something they usually have, for which she went specifically! :o

I did! I almost went home and cried, but then something just caught my eye! I really got lucky!

When it's warm enough to set up the kiddie pool, you'll have to come over and hang out. ;)

Beautiful Tammy!

Thank you very much! :)

Very nice.

Thank you, Angie. I admire your tanks so much, and it's an honor for you to like one of mine. :D

What a fun update :D

Love the thick crinkly plant so much! :nana

Where did you get those planters?

Great work Tammz! :Jig:

What a fun update :D

Love the thick crinkly plant so much! :nana

Where did you get those planters?

Great work Tammz! :Jig:

The plain one in front came from Walmart. The nicer ones (I only had two--sadness) came from Michael's. All of them were less than a dollar a piece. :) They're simply glass candle holders.

I need to pick up some I think :)

Michaels had the nicest selection, but I wasn't able to get there that day. ;)

Looks great, Tammy. Thanks for fiiiiiinnnnallly posting pictures :rofl

Haha! I know! And you didn't even see the half of what I bought that day! :o :O :o

Beautiful, Tammy!!! :heart

Thanks, Mikey! :D

The pics are like deja vu. Why is that? :rofl

Ah, you're just cranky because I went to sleep, and left you to fend for yourself. :rofl3

Gorgeous Goldfis and plants, as well the plants are spotless of algaes. Could you share how do you maintain your plants?

Thank you, Adnan! I bleach dipped everything last week. No secrets there! :D I do that every 5-8 weeks, when the algae on them starts to get unsightly.

Edited by yafashelli

Thank you for sharing. I'm not very familiar with that technique of plant cleaning. I hope that will be a good solution for my Anubias plants.