Sign in to follow this  
Narny105

Back to bettas :)

Decided today that after having terrible luck with german rams, I'd stock the 15 gallon with another betta. Went into my local betta importer and found this guy! There wasn't many single male bettas to choose from since a lot of them were in breeding pairs, but I think I did a pretty good job :P

He looks very similar to what Artemis looked like, instead his scales are white instead of platinum. He's a lot bigger though!

I haven't named him yet but suggestions welcome!

I have decided to keep him in an IAL extract like they are in the store, so hopefully I will have some nice yellow-looking water in a few days. I've never really kept them long-term in IAL extract but the store owner is a huge advocator of it so I'll give it a go :)

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhj3yRJAq-E&feature=youtu.be

He is super-duper stunning! :o:heart

Congrats!!

:thud. He's gorgeous. And he does not like that guy in the mirror. :flex:

:rofl

Congrats Alex! What a find!! :nana

Well, you betta be back! :tomuch:

That's a gorgeous fish, Number 2! :)

He's gorgeous, Alex. :D Did he come from Jodi-Lea? I think I saw him on her YouTube page. I've got a little guy coming in from her. :)

Yep Jodi from fish chick aquatics :) I think I know the one you mean, I went searching for him on youtube after I got him. I found one very similar to him but I don't think it is him as it was listed 2 months ago. Could be though! Colour changes very quickly!

I think it was another video, but I can see the similarities. Jodi seems very nice, I ended up talking to her earlier today. I can see why she has such a good reputation. :)

Yep! She's a very nice, knowledgeable person. Very passionate about bettas too! If you ever come to brisbane, definitely a store to check out. She's only a small store but she's got some amazing displays and great betta set-ups :)

He's gorgeous Alex, congratulations on the new fish! :D

Congratulations! Your new betta is beautiful!

Wowzers, those are some fins!

Pardon my ignorance, but are those his gills he is flaring at his reflection? I don't know nothin about bettas!

He's stunning Alex :heart I love the dragon scales! :thumb:

Why is ial soon good for bettas?

Thanks Guys!!

Wowzers, those are some fins!
Pardon my ignorance, but are those his gills he is flaring at his reflection? I don't know nothin about bettas!

Yep :)

He's stunning Alex :heart I love the dragon scales! :thumb:

Why is ial soon good for bettas?

indian almond leaves tannins lower the pH of the water so it's more neutral-acidic depending on how many you add. The ADA aqua soil I have in my tank already lowers the pH to around 6.8-7.0, though, so the leaves aren't affecting pH in my case. Because Jodi's fish are bred, imported, and displayed in an IAL extract it's an environment they're used to, and as she believes, they thrive in it and are generally more healthier, have better, more vibrant colour; and are less prone to infection because the environment is more suiting. Breeders also recommend them as a good addition for producing opportunistic breeding environments since they simulate black water conditions. I'm definitely going to look more into it tonight though :)

Because the leaves are bulky and I don't like the look of them I prefer to make an extract and just store it in the fridge.

Edited by Narny105

Did you get your new betta yet Alex :)

Beautiful!! :wub:

Nice looking betta, congratulations Alex. :thumb:

thanks guys! He's doing well so far