Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

No White Betta's For Me

I called the store just a little while ago. I talked to "the man" heehee. He told me that a white betta is almost as rare as a black. The odds of me getting one here are slim to none :cry1

I am going to have to look online and see what I can find.

Jessica

Thank you TouchofSky. I"ve been looking at Bettas most of the evening and did not find that page.

Thank you so much for posting it!!

And their prices....WAHOOOO they are fabulous prices. I mean some of those fish are $5.00 or was I reading that wrong?? The beat up bettas I buy locally are more than that. And the one I want is only 20$ heeheehee. I need to go on a road trip to T.O so I can stop by the Sempai as well.

Jessica

Correction, the one I want is only 10$ can you believe that?

Have you ordered from them Touchofsky? How could you resist haahaa.

:lol

Jessica

Guest Jewell

The prices in the Super pet here have dropped a dollar for bettas. I got my new guy for $4 instead of $5+tax (I'm an hour away from T.O)

I hope you can find a white one. They had some cream colour ones at the Super Pet.

Jessica...once again I think you need to come down from canada to Illinois to come visit me!! :D The last time I went to my LFS they had three, yes three, white bettas....all of them in very nice condition....one even had a slight pink irridecence to him(very beautiful). Granted they were just veil tails, but the were only $3 USD!!! So what stopped me from getting one??? No where to put him... :cry1

Jessica,

I haven't ordered from them. I only discovered this page this past winter, and I wouldn't want to have fish shipped in the winter.

However, I may be tempted once the weather warms up :D I, too, would like to visit Fish Sempai and Trillium Betta in person. I think a little trip to TO is in order :happydance

EDJEFF, 3!!!!! Well I know a great place to put them, how bout in my mail box...heeeheeeheee :lol

Touchofsky now that would be an awesome road trip :lol

Jessica

Shipping to canada??? Hmmm.......... :hmm

ummm well here is Warner Robins the pet stores get white ones all the time. I mean I see up to 10 every week in the pet stores over here.......

From what Ive seen white Bettas arent very common in Indiana either. Ever since I bought Chocolate(at the end of December) I have yet to see another white Betta......

I gess some places have them more than others.......... like I said over here where I live they have lots of them. I even seen blacks some times. I do all so know we have blue, red, purple, and mix colors. I did have some white ones a few years ago but now all I have are 2 female's red and a blue, and 3 males 1 blue 1 red mix white and 1 aqua.

You can all so say I save betta's from the pet stores.... I take the ones that look sick and have problems just so I can take care of them and make them better. It works. I saved alot of them. I just give them to my friends or other people that live near me........ I kept only 5 for my self but Im thinking of getting some more...

Good luck jess I have so many troubles

finding a black betta and a black oranda eh.... :(

Hi Black Oranda,

I saw a black one before Christmas and a white one with black fins, in January. Hope you get your black fish :D

Kagome,

I think it is very good of you to rescue the bettas that nobody wants because they are sick looking. It is a good thing to do.

I really have only done that once, with my last betta, Cinnamon. He really isn't anything to write home about in the looks department, and was pretty scruffy in his dirty cup. He is coming around. Hopefully, he will perk up since I just put him in his brand new, 2 gallon tank today :D

hehehe i gues you did like th Cinnamon name i though

of.Vannila and Cinnamon? your haveing a theme

going on lol. :P

I did like it! Thanks!

I am trying to get a picture of the little devil this afternoon :D

:P i've been recently getting pictures of my

betta also.I got 2 good ones (i guess)

And i took some pictures of my guppy frys and made

a video with the mom and the fry.........

(with the music Ain't no moutain"

Guest celebr8monkeyday

Its so nice to watch as a betta gets better and better from being in the pet store! You'll probably find a white one some day...In the mean time you can just buy a lot of other to make up for it! lol

Lol, i can't wait until i move into my house.

i will be able to by bettas once again yuppie!

Im going to try to get every color and shape :rofl

My lfs just got a shipment of 200 bettas in (I looked at every single one, 3 times!) and they got one all white betta and a few that were nearly all white. The all white one had a "not for sale" sign on it though...I guess one of the employees wanted to snag it.

Jess, what part of Canada do you live in? My boyfriend travels to Canada sometimes for work. Maybe he'll lug a few white fishies up with him! HAHA. I could throw in Chellekin's all white telescope that she gave me too.

Heather

Heehee, I love white fish :D

I live near Chatham, Ontario. It's about an hour from the Windsor/Detroit crossing.

Jessica

:P It;s odd that it is always white and black

the hardest to find in my area.There is never tottaly

white goldfish they always would end up tuning

orange lol or another color :thud

Hi Jessica,

Check these guys out, they are in Toronto

http://trillium.christopherlee.ca

They have gorgeous bettas!

:wub: Man, those bettas are so gorgeous that when I was looking at their gallery, I started feeling a bit panicky and for some strange reason, my mouth started watering! :lol: