Sign in to follow this  
SweetMamaKaty

Let's see your background - Tankshot time!

Specifically, non-black. :lol3 I know it's the cool thing, but we went with black sand, and it's feeling too dark even with just a dark red wall behind it. I'm looking for a way to brighten it up. Also want to see all three fish really well, and we have a gold fantail, white oranda, and black-for-now moor. :)

I kind of like the looks of the one with the white rocks below (Sea View brand), but I don't think I've seen any tank pics with a background like this on here. Anyone? I'm not completely sure what I'm wanting either. I was planning on doing a black background if we chose white or light sand, but I was worried about it showing dirt and algae too much and changed my mind on the sand color. We also have a fairly large piece of mopani driftwood that will go in later, so that's dark too...

Tankshots, please - go! :D

C2647.jpg

Oooh. I love this idea. I haven't had a background on any of my tanks in 7 years, but have recently been debating doing something. I look forward to everyone's backgrounds. :)

I have backgrounds like those ones but the problem is sometimes the light doesn't shine on them and they look dull and dark (well the plant one not the blue one)

If you use cheapo craft paint, you can paint it whatever color/design you like, and change it as your moods change. :) I currently have a painted black background, but I may change it to blue.

I'm not much for the super designed backgrounds, as I find that it can easily overpower what you have in your tank. Here is a photo of the one background that I have, of which I am a big fan. :)

1157535_10151754280998711_1119243130_n.j

If you are pretty algae - free in your tank, maybe a white background would look nice in there. There was a member here who had one and it looked beautiful. Or even a neutral beige might work?

I dunno! I've always had black backgrounds haha so my ideas are limited :teehee

Ooh, I'm liking these blues, they look bright without being too busy! Maybe this one then:

st-79465-62837-ocean.jpg

or the blue side of this one:

C2648.jpg

Do either of these look like what you have, yafashelli?

Thanks for the input everyone, keep the pics coming! :nana

lol mines black....covered in algae :teehee

I have that same one. But mine looks awful. lol I got it wet and so in some places it is dark and some places it is sticking.

If you use cheapo craft paint, you can paint it whatever color/design you like, and change it as your moods change. :) I currently have a painted black background, but I may change it to blue.

I'm not much for the super designed backgrounds, as I find that it can easily overpower what you have in your tank. Here is a photo of the one background that I have, of which I am a big fan. :)

1157535_10151754280998711_1119243130_n.j

Ooh, I'm liking these blues, they look bright without being too busy! Maybe this one then:

C2648.jpg

It was this one. It's beautiful, but didn't go with my setup. :)

MY backgrounds don't have anything yet. I like to use fabric on the back of the lizard's tank, so I'll probably do the same with Gumdrop's tank once we move it. I'm thinking black or not quite dark blue, or something with stars if I can find it, maybe...

If my kids were still little, I'd give them paintbrushes and a palette and let them have at it.1sm366painter.gif

(especially because now I know it doesn't have to be permanent) :lol2

I will likely do this with my grandkids, if I don't have a big pond by then. :rolleyes:

Edited by TikiLola

st-79465-62837-ocean.jpg

C2648.jpg

Do either of these look like what you have, yafashelli?

Thanks for the input everyone, keep the pics coming! :nana

I would choose the first one to go with white or slightly yellow sand teehee

hmm, maybe a blue batik, that could look watery...

I have this blue batik fabric on mine... I'll go get a pic :)

Closeup:

azery2a2.jpg

Full tank shot

da3u2upu.jpg

Edited by Flipper

hmm, maybe a blue batik, that could look watery...

I have this blue batik fabric on mine... I'll go get a pic :)

Thanks, I'm excited to see it!! Ebay has SOOO many choices. Too many.

I put a fabric background on mine. Colors are blues and browns. Fabric even has some glitter and small silver balls on it that looks like bubbles and catches the light.

agutugym.jpg

With fish:

pava5ydy.jpg

I really like that one Goldsguy :)

Both nice!

Flipper, I think my overall look will end up much like yours with the black sand and driftwood. Your Marimo are HUGE! :)

I really like that one Goldsguy :)

Thanks