Black moor, tissue near gills curling forward?

Hello there, I have a black moor with what might be a bit of an issue. He is a very healthy fish, although a few months ago I started noticing that the soft, almost translucent tissue outside his gill covers had started curling forward a little bit. I can't tell if it has gotten worse or not, but other than that he is totally fine. Is this a health issue? I have heard that this could possibly be a water quality issue but it isn't his gill covers themselves, it's that tissue on the outside of them, and I haven't noticed anything wrong with the other fish in the tank- he is the only one with this issue. I've also heard that it could be due to lack of oxygen, but I use a tetra whisper air pump, so I don't think that's it either.

Here are my tank parameters and info:

75 gallon tank

0 ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite, 10ppm nitrate

water is oxygenated (tetra whisper air pump)

Here's the best pic I could get, he doesn't keep still for photos. You can't really see them curling, but that at least shows the part of his gills that I'm referring to. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

photo_zps71e71292.jpg

I don't think that this is actually an (fixable) issue. This growth and curling of the gill plate can be observed in a number of fish, and does not impair the fish at all. :)

Will you see if you can take some side pics for us? Thanks! :)