Sign in to follow this  
Tuba Toothpaste

my fish is weird

So apparently my oranda Ygritte is obsessed with the spawning mop now.

5xXflGll.jpg

nT4DZF5.png

I thought she was stuck at first, so I helped her out. Then she kept going back into the spawning mop over and over after awhile, and I found out she can actually swim back out if she really wants to. The others kind of like to swim through the mop, but Ygritte like to swim into it and just sit there lol. She is weird.

Does anybody else's fish do this? o;

I have no idea what she's doing, but that second picture is so cute :rofl

Shes a Clown fish :lol

Too cute. Clementine used to do that with the water sprite. She loved it in there.

What a quirky little thing. :rofl

Whale use to do that with the java moss in the shower caddy. Freaked me out at first, but I got use to it. Periodically he still does this, but mostly he prefers to to sleep on top of the java moss these days.

Such cute pictures of Ygritte!

She might be carrying eggs? Queen B. only does this when she's getting ready to drop eggs. The other fish ignore the mop.BreedingMopsmJPG.JPG

She might be carrying eggs? Queen B. only does this when she's getting ready to drop eggs. The other fish ignore the mop.BreedingMopsmJPG.JPG

Oh lol well I call her a she because I gave her a girl's name but I later found out she's actually a boy. xD I still say "she" anyway though lol.

dem breeding stars ;D

zEcCc6ll.jpg

:heart Such cute snugly pics....... Until you show "her" breeding stars :o he could cut someone with those buggers :rofl

:heart Such cute snugly pics....... Until you show "her" breeding stars :o he could cut someone with those buggers :rofl

Haha seriously! I named all of my goldies before I learned how to determine their gender, and so I literally got ALL of their genders wrong. xD

I still call Hodor a "he" sometimes. I was holding out hope that she would turn out to be a boy, up until the day I saw eggs coming out of her. xD

Any news? :)

I love the pic where he's peeking out from the mop, too cute. :)

What kind of news?

Eggs? Fry? :rofl

What kind of news?
Eggs? Fry? :rofl
Ohhh lol Hodor only laid a few eggs that time and most of them landed on the bottom of the tank and got eaten. There was ONE egg that landed on the spawning mop, but just as I was about to pull it out Ygritte ate it. xD

So I didn't get any eggs out of it that time, but I don't mind because I still have that batch of 11 day old fry that I'm raising now. :)

Edited by Tuba Toothpaste