Sign in to follow this  
GreenTea

The nightmare continues

I'm just so sorry. I can't begin to imagine how you feel. :hug

:hug this is horrible! My thoughts are with you :no:

I'm so sorry, Niki. No one should order from this person. Period.

:( I've been following this but keeping quiet, cause I just don't know what to say! How awful. I am so sorry for this sad, terrible situation. :(:hug

Thanks guys, I doubt he will reimburse me for anything at all, but I will lodge an ebay complaint and post here and anywhere else I can.

Thanks for the condolences, it helps cheer me up.

I've lost my butterflies, and pearlscales. I just have my ranchu now.

Wonderful Helen has also sent me a strong parasitic med she thinks will be helpful. I appreciate everyones efforts to help these fish.

It's extra frustrating as I've been trying to build my stock for the last two years to ideal fish for a breeding program, and have only one variety of fish left. I am hoping this will turn out for the best, somehow.

I am seeing a white film coming off of many of the fish and some weird tail splitting. Is this due to slime coat/parasites falling off because of the epsom salt? Here are some photos.

photo IMG_20140418_185325_223_zpslicezhnv.jpg photo IMG_20140418_185314_665_zpsmjxqaf2w.jpg^ Note the slime on the telescopes eyes photo IMG_20140418_185302_755_zpsyrtavp3d.jpg

I don't think it is due to the Epsom Salt.

Epsom wouldn't do that. What dose are you using?

Niki will do very short salt dips on all fish, even the gravely looking unwell ones. the medicine i have arranged has not been used by any members on this forum in the past. it is recommended by professionals largely in poultry and cattle... and experimented in the aquaria industry with favourable results.

since no other treatment is bringing us the results we are hoping for, this is very well worth a try. lets all pray that the medicines are received in good time.

1/4 per 10 gallons, so 1 tsp per the 40 gallon.

Niki will do very short salt dips on all fish, even the gravely looking unwell ones. the medicine i have arranged has not been used by any members on this forum in the past. it is recommended by professionals largely in poultry and cattle... and experimented in the aquaria industry with favourable results.

since no other treatment is bringing us the results we are hoping for, this is very well worth a try. lets all pray that the medicines are received in good time.

I can't thank you enough...

So just the usual dose. Nope, it's not the Epsom.

Let's hope they salt dip will remove some of that and allow the med that Helen sent to be effective. :hug

I can't thank you enough Helen...

Should I keep the heat up? It's at about 82 and that seems to be the warmest the tank can get. So until the meds get here - Heat and epsom, metro, and gel food?

And a dip tonight.

So just the usual dose. Nope, it's not the Epsom.

Let's hope they salt dip will remove some of that and allow the med that Helen sent to be effective. :hug

Thanks Lisa. I'm not a praying girl but it's about that time..

from what i see, i do not believe the Epsom needs to be in the water since i do not see any swelling. i see the fluffies, i believe the salt dip should help with that..

from what i see, i do not believe the Epsom needs to be in the water since i do not see any swelling. i see the fluffies, i believe the salt dip should help with that..

About half still have raised scales. Will it hurt to have it in there?

It shouldn't hurt to leave the Epsom in if some are still bloated. :D

Going to give them a few hours of plain fresh water before the dip

Blue telescope died.

Total deaths - 10

Remaining alive -6

3 pearlscales

2 butterfly telescopes

1 telescope

4 black ranchu babies.

Have you received the new meds, Niki? If so, have you started it?

i'm sorry, hun :(

Alex, if you're referring to the ones i arranged, no. they were only ordered my last night.

The ranchu look better in terms of parasites, worse in terms of bacterial issues.

Going to dip now. Needed a little break.

When I alternate tanks, I will nuke the one not being used with salt and quick cure and hot water.

They all survived the 30 second dip and are in the recovery tank!

I'm going to let them relax for awhile, do it once more, let them rest/shed slime coat, and return them to the main tank.

What I'm seeing thats concerning is the redness in the scales and skin.

Edited by GreenTea

good work, brave girl :hug :hug

would you be able to post a video? talk me through it... every concern? raise each gently to the surface perhaps in a colander?

good work, brave girl :hug :hug

would you be able to post a video? talk me through it... every concern? raise each gently to the surface perhaps in a colander?

I woud love to. Doing it right now.

*Uploading, got photos as well

Edited by GreenTea