Sumo's QT

Why the Quick Cure, Carole?

He's just too cute!

It is for other external parasites. We will do 2 rounds of quick cure, two rounds of prazi, and a week of metronidazole and nitrofuracen green. He was scraped for external parasites several times and came up clean. But I am not taking any chances.

Edited by waterfaller1

Why the Quick Cure, Carole?

He's just too cute!

It is for other external parasites. We will do 2 rounds of quick cure, two rounds of prazi, and a week of metronidazole and nitrofuracen green. He was scraped for external parasites several times and came up clean. But I am not taking any chances.

I don't blame you for being extra careful! I just wondered because Quick Cure is such a harsh medication.

I like the name you gave your new Gorgeous Crowned Pearlscale, Carole. :) I love his colors and his big crown. He looks like a "Ruler."

May he have a fast, easy, and uneventful quarantine.

Thanks for the encouragement and nice comments. I am told the QC is not harsh. It has a low percentage of formalin. He will do fine.

I will be glad when Sumo can swim with his new friends in the new set up!

Carole,

Good luck with the QT. I absolutely understand why you want to be this extra careful. :hug

Just be careful with quick cure and nitrofurazone. It is not only dangerous for the fish, but for the humans using it. I will post excerpts from Noga and other sources later today or tomorrow, since I've been swamped with work.

In the mean time, take precautions not to get these things on you. Wear gloves. :)

Good morning. Thanks for the replies.

Sumo is doing great! We have completed Prazipro and are on day 2 of the second round of QC. After that we start the Metro/Nitrofuracen and he is done!

Should be just in time for the 90 to be finished cycling.