My snail died

Just sad and bummed because my purple guy died. He was sucked into the filter intake and I found him there this morning. At times, I have covered the intake although it is not as strong at the AC filter intakes and as the snails got bigger I stopped worrying so much. I have found him 'stuck' to the intake before (and he was just fine) but today, he was completely torn apart and dead.

Intake now covered for good.

Edited by motherredcap

Oh no Susanne. :( I'm so sorry. :( I had this happen this morning! It was so weird. I saw something on the filter intake. It was an empty shell. I think the whole body got sucked in the filter and only the clear shell was stuck to the side. :(

Thanks for the sympathy folks. One simply can't go into work and say 'I'm a little down today because my snail died.'

Unfortunately, it was clearly the intake. The soft body of the snail and the dandelion leaf he was clutching were halfway up the tube. I turned off the filter and the mangled snail fell out. I feel stupid because I did have the thing covered, but the snails have gotten so large, I just thought they were no longer at risk.

Thanks for the sympathy folks. One simply can't go into work and say 'I'm a little down today because my snail died.'

Unfortunately, it was clearly the intake. The soft body of the snail and the dandelion leaf he was clutching were halfway up the tube. I turned off the filter and the mangled snail fell out. I feel stupid because I did have the thing covered, but the snails have gotten so large, I just thought they were no longer at risk.

I wouldn't have thought so either.

:yikes I'm terribly sorry about your purple snail :cry That :scared about dying in the filter intake after frequently doing it and being OK for a bunch of times before that :(

:bighug

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Mine does it a lot too :yikes

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk