• * Nitrate level(Tap)0
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.2
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
      • * Water temperature?72
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and 60gal

how long has it been running?5 weeks

• * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?Z00med 50gal cannister filter, API Nexx 110gal
      • * How often do you change the water and how much?20% 2xweek
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Sunday approx 20%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 4 (2 mid to large, 2 small)
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?( Prime, Stability, Anquel)
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Nutrafin Pellets, 2 small feeds daily) occasional bloodworm pops
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? 3 to 4 weeks ago 2 small ones
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Salt was used approx >2 weeks ago for ich
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. see above
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? dark fish has 1 white spot on its wen not grain of salt like. large white goldies Wen Color changed from oragne to white in less then 3 days
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? No Change in behavior from anty fish all eat swim be marry

So issues are the Dark fish i noticed a white spot on its Wen dosnt look like the ich my tank had a month or so ago. notice it just above Eye in photo

20140409_194346_zps6hqr3rua.jpg

Next Zeldas WEN(HEAD) was orange and with in last 3 days changed to white. i guess this is normal as i think her wen has grown before she realy never had one and she is approx 1 years old + a few months.

20140409_194336_zpstjyikbug.jpg

Above is post white. Below is begging of march

20140307_230346_zps47486107.jpg

3rd isssue Brown algae and tank taking for ever to cycle even with fully cycled media from my last tank. ( this tank is upgrade i did in begin of march from a 30gal fully cycled for a year.

Hi!

The white on the wen of the darker fish looks like normal wen growth. You'll see white fuzzy spots develop occasionally. What you want to be concerned about are redness, swollen looking spots or craters/holes developing in the wen.

Second problem looks like a typical color change :) she/he will likely end up being white

Third, brown algae is very typical in new set ups. From your pics it doesn't look like you are having a significant issue with it. Keep wiping it down and give it some time to settle. Keep your lighting to reasonable hours 6-8 hrs a day at most, since you don't have live plants you can just turn lights on when you want to enjoy the tank :)

What kind of lighting are you using?

I would also suggest starting some larger water changes. I'd suggest around 80% weekly. With 4 fish in a 60 gallon you're fully stocked, so your water changes should be pretty big in order to keep nitrates low.

Regarding your cycle, it looks like you're pretty close. Is your ammonia rising higher than .25 ever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 bright flourecent lights that are on probly 18hrs aday and the bubble dish has blue LEDs that are on 24/7

The ammonia has been 0.5 to 1.0 to 0.25 seems to be random all the time. but nitrites remain 0.

I think this thred got double posted u may delete the other one

Do you know if your fluorescents are t8s, t5s or t5ho? (You should be able to tell by looking at the bulb)

18 hrs a day is definitely too long for any tank. Cut your photoperiod to 6-8 hrs at most, that should help with some of the issues.

Up your water changes and continue to monitor ammonia. It may just take some time. Luckily you're just having a little cycle bump and not a full crash :) it's good that nitrites remain 0

F15t8 bulbs from marine land. came with tank i know thats too long but i work 16 hrs days and the wife and kids have it on while im not home then i keep it on till i go to bed at midnight after my evening Beer watching them swim to chillax

You could always get a timer, you can get them for 5 bucks at any hardware store :) just a thought ;) you can set it to go on for a period when your wife and kids are home, turn off and turn back on when you get home. I use them on all my tanks.