"Nose" Inflamed and red

• Supporter

Nice! Considered the enlarged right nostril I really think something may have been stuck in there, but maybe is now expelled or absorbed. :)

I think so, too :)

That is what I was thinking too ^^

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter

i wonder if you have blunt plastic tweezers or something similar to first push the non inflamed nostril flap aside (to gain a good idea of what the nostril looks like, and then gently do the same to the inflamed side? this keeps recurring so either something is still lodged in there, or there is a persistent bacteria.

• Supporter

Hi guys, I haven't been posting pictures the past few days because it was still looking pretty much the same. I have some from every couple of days but not much difference. Today it's still puffy, not as ballooned looking though. I haven't been able to find anything that i feel comfortable using to look under his nostril flaps :(

10246421_10152271891498019_6098710906283

• Supporter

I'm glad to hear that :) I know I'm projecting human emotions here but I feel like he is lonely so I'm hoping to be able to put him back with his 'friends' soon xD

Why don't you? There is a very distinct possibility that it might come back, but I doubt that being with his friends will increase that likelihood, nor do I believe he poses any risks to them at this point.

• Supporter

I was mainly worried about it flaring up and having to move him again, but tomorrow is water change day for the main tank so I think I will just move him back then :)

Thanks Alex!

• Supporter

Was literally JUST about to update! :D

He is looking great :) You have to look closely to see any puffiness, so it's not that noticeable, no redness at all and he is very happy back in the 'big tank' :)