"Nose" Inflamed and red

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The skin in that area is very translucent, do you think the foreign object would be visible if she were to cover his eyes and shine a small flashlight at the nostril?

The skin in that area is very translucent, do you think the foreign object would be visible if she were to cover his eyes and shine a small flashlight at the nostril?

Fang has done something like that and found a tiny piece of sand wedged in there. :yikes

Fang has done something like that and found a tiny piece of sand wedged in there. :yikes
Do you know if Mandy has white sand or stone? If so, I just realized it's visible in the original photos.

1017413_10152118471463019_75414308614925

:yikes

It's here on this current page too. The irritation coming back appears to be from the nostril unable to expel the foreign object on it's own. I think we've found the cause of it, I can see the same white dot in several photos that didn't heal, which I originally thought was a pus bubble. Taking a closer look through each one, it hasn't changed in appearance.

Edited by Chai

I've already said I think something is stuck in the nostril a while back, and encouraged trying to ascertain that that's the case. :o

That's also the reason why I thought it came back once the meds are removed. :(

I know, I just didn't realize it was that noticeable before. :donthit::o I hope his little nostril can expel it on it's own. :heart

We can try to help him...but the first order of business is that I think you need to get very close to him and try to verify if there is an actual object lodged there. There may not be, and we just need to determine the case. :)

• Supporter

Ok, so I tried to get really close and shine a torch at it, but he was been very feisty today, he wouldn't relax at all. In some of todays pics it looks like I'm really squeezing him, I promise I'm not, was just how he was wriggling his position around in my hand. I gently touched his nose today and it seemed like something came out/off of it, I was going to get it for a picture but Bamboo Promptly ate it x_X

I honestly couldn't tell if anything was in there :(

This was before it looked like something come off/out

10307215_10152232573053019_7883234030564

These were after

10341416_10152232573058019_5857598623423

10320335_10152232573088019_6129435058801

10297746_10152232573013019_4493587095600

Does the white bump in the irritated area look like a solid object or more like a liquid? :hmm

The colour of the area looks to be improving a LOT! :D

• Supporter

I'm really not sure :( It's really hard to tell. I was trying to be able to get a feel of that area specifically but he just wont cooperate, and I'm really worried about stressing him too much :(

• Supporter

Todays Photos: See that spot where it looked like something was caught? Is it just me or does it look like sort of a bubble in that spot? Slightly different colour than his normal colour?

10409006_10152240999318019_5827793914673

10366270_10152240999313019_9522743204382

I do see it, but for now, I am not sure I want to mess with it. Let it be, and see how things develop over the coming days and weeks. :)

The comforting news is that while it can look ugly and disconcerting, it does not appear to be a critical issue. :)

Nice! Considered the enlarged right nostril I really think something may have been stuck in there, but maybe is now expelled or absorbed. :)

I think so, too :)