"Nose" Inflamed and red

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helper

New photos.

It's not as red looking but the area does seem bigger to me, also it's hard to see in the photo but in person it looks like he it's getting red on the other side again. He is currently in 0.3% salt in a 10g QT

1506883_10152150257168019_80610243966886

10151815_10152150257183019_5808888826503

• Helper

Forgot to add they did have tetracycline and another antibacterial thing i forgot the name of. Im sure ive seen trisulfa though at this other lfs but dont think ill be able to get there til tomorrow. Going to be out all afternoon

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Tapatalk

• Helper

Sure thing :) I'll be heading to the other shop tomorrow morning/early afternoon. Can you tell me if they don't have the trisulfa if there is anything else in particular I should be looking out for?

Hard to say...but look for something that is a broad spectrum antibiotic.

The only one I can tell you to avoid is tetracycline. It just doesn't work very well these days because of over- and misuse.

I got the trisulfa :)

Just dose according the the bottle I guess? Disolve Tablet in a cup of water, add one tablet per 40 litres?

I have the Blue Planet Tri Sulfa Tablets

Please do this in QT, since it will like destroy any cycle you may have.

Follow the dosing amount on the bottle, but please change 100% of the water every two days and replace meds. Make sure please that ammonia and nitrite are at zeros at all times, or you take steps to detoxify them. :)

Good luck!

• Helper

Oh! Was I meant to leave the salt in or take it out? I did a full water change before adding the trisulfa and removed the salt so it hasn't been re-added?

It's not red and angry looking today but still quite puffy

The redness is all gone :) The left side still looks a little puffy to me though

We can let the TS go to ten days, but I think at that point we can remove and let him heal on his own after. :)