"What strange fishy things have you seen? ...."

Mrs. Kay

I saw someone pick out 4 goldfish, leave the store, put them in the storage under a motorcycle seat, and ride off. Craziest thing I've seen for quite some time.
What can I say... it made me laugh :teehee:idont

l just got go for a ride on my bike with the fish :gcar:

I have had to carry fish in a backpack at school because I saved them from a science expirement in my biology class I have have 9 fish in my pond for now

Honestly though people do some strange things with fish I once went to a store where a person took 20 min to pick a fish she kept getting a fish bagged then changing her mind and wanting a different fish , she asked if she could by only pregnant fish and even asked bout saltwater fish for her fresh set up. The worker even called in for assistance so she could have a break but the assistance ended up helping me instead the worker was really wanted a break from the person :rofl

Edited by Gustave

How about what I did when I picked up my husband's mollies in the middle of a blizzard:

The girl I was getting them from (a friend from the last place I worked) now works a couple blocks from where I live. She brought the fish to work and I met her at the beginning of her shift. I put the fish in an insulated bag and then zipped them up inside my jacket for the 7 minute walk home. They were perfectly fine when I got home, if ever so slightly sloshed about.

• Supporter

i brought home several of my fish on the scooter, in a bucket between my feet. using my legs to stop the bucket falling off when i turned left and right. ppl wondered why everytime i had stopped at the lights, i would be constantly looking between my legs.. :rofl :rofl

• Helper

Strangest thing for me would be when I bought some new fish and my dad decided he wanted to go somewhere on the way home (I think it was an auto shop, can't quite remember) and I was worried about leaving them in the car so I was carrying them around the shop in the bag :lol:

I always recommend bringing a small cooler with you if you think you will be bringing home fish. That keeps the temp stable.

Weirdest thing for me would be the day I walked out the front door and almost tripped over a betta tank on my porch. Someone must have moved out and knew I had them somehow? I thought that was strange and mean to just abandon your fish on someone's doorstep!

Edited by waterfaller1

Once I was in Petsmart and a lady was walking around the fish section with a square jar that couldn't have been more than a half gallon. She kept asking the saleswoman, "will this kind of fish fit?" She pointed to practically every fish in the store, and the saleswoman had to keep explaining why that jar was too small to really hold anything ... she looked really exasperated but the lady just wouldn't give up! She ended up leaving empty handed, thank goodness.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I always recommend bringing a small cooler with you if you think you will be bringing home fish. That keeps the temp stable.

Weirdest thing for me would be the day I walked out the front door and almost tripped over a betta tank on my porch. Someone must have moved out and knew I had them somehow? I thought that was strange and mean to just abandon your fish on someone's doorstep!

This is odd!

I once had an unidentified cichlid who became VERY aggressive!! a friend at work said I will put him in with my Oscars they won't take any nonsense! so I took said fish on a 50 mile bus trip and gave him to my friend......2 days later she said her Oscars were no more!!!=-O =-O =-O that was one violent fish!! but very nice looking!!!!!!

I once bought a betta on the way to college and carried it around in a clean spaghetti sauce jar. Thank goodness my lab has access to distilled water, i don't think it would've been very happy if i left it sitting in the gross blue pet store water all day. I got a lot of strange looks from my teachers and my classmate wanted to borrow it for her biology class. :P

When I picked up Gumdrop, I almost took him out to dinner with us. :teehee (we were on the way to eat when we stopped in to see if he was still there) I didn't want to leave him in the bag that long so we went through the drive through at Roy Rogers instead. :lol2

I have brought crickets into Applebee's, Red Robin and Fridays though. :P

I was at PetCo a few months ago and heard some people talking about a fish their friends had. It was a comet/common goldfish... These were obviously not fish people. Anyhow, this fish started in a bowl, but it just kept growing, and finally, it ended up in their downstairs bathtub. From what I heard of their conversation, the goldfish was like, 1 1/2 feet long AT LEAST and still lived in their bathtub! :P

• Supporter

I was at PetCo a few months ago and heard some people talking about a fish their friends had. It was a comet/common goldfish... These were obviously not fish people. Anyhow, this fish started in a bowl, but it just kept growing, and finally, it ended up in their downstairs bathtub. From what I heard of their conversation, the goldfish was like, 1 1/2 feet long AT LEAST and still lived in their bathtub! :P

This reminds me of a salon where I used to have my hair cut. It was in a renovated old house.

They left the bathtub in the bathroom, and it was always full of fancy goldfish.

Now that I think of it, it was probably quite overstocked. They had a bunch of floaters as well. I always thought that was so odd.

At least they did seem to keep it very clean.