Johnson bilge pump

Hello all,

So today i got given a 'johnson water bilge pump' and to be honest i dont really know EXACTLY what it does, can it be used in/for large aquariums , i know its used in the hull of boats to empty water in there. Its big! Heavy duty and it pumps like 2000gph which is a huge amount, can anyone help me out here or tell me a bit about it, does/has anyone ever had one? Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Supporter

there are several uses for a pump like that, although i would never just leave one in my tank for water changes. depending on how big your tank is, you can sink it in one corner and remove water quite efficiently for a water change.. be careful though, fish are explorers and can get sucked up. so i would recommend that you cover the intake with pantyhose or some sort of mesh as a preventative measure... perhaps even a divider for your tank to keep the fish right away from it.

or, perhaps you are being given a subtle hint to build a pond? <------ i like this thought :ehh

I would love a pond haha! Although i dont have the money for one and with the weather were i live i could only have commons or comets, but i prefer fancys! Thanks so much helen!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk