How feasible is it to reseal a tank?

BronwynH

Hello all!

I have found a used 60g tank and stand for $75. The big problem is that the tank leaks at the seams. Has anyone resealed a tank before? How difficult is it? What equipment or supplies would I need to do this? I have never done anything remotely like this before and am wondering if it's worth the savings.

Here's the ad in case anyone is interested:

http://kingston.kijiji.ca/c-pets-accessories-60-Gallon-Terrarium-Aquarium-W0QQAdIdZ578994472

It's definitely possible to reseal the tank, especially if you are DIY-minded and handy.

I think the big thing is that you need something to completely scrape off the old sealants, and then apply a new coating. I think costs wise, it's cheapish, but the work is not little.

This was the video I saw a couple of years ago. :)

Thanks for this info! I'll watch through the video in full tomorrow and see if I feel up to it. I'm perfectly willing to put work into it and do diy things, but most of my experience is with things I worked on with my Dad (deck in the backyard, swing set, dog house, bookshelf, fencing etc.). I've done very few construction (or other non-crafty) projects on my own and most of those have been either minor plumbing or very basic wood construction.