Fiancee came home with a feeder...

I sent my fiancee to the pet store tonight while I was at work as I have been cycling a 10 gal for my nieces's birthday which is coming up on Wednesday.

I sent him for a betta.

He came home with a feeder goldfish, betta and hermit crab.

:no::doh11:

So now I have a feeder goldfish in my quarantine tank because he can't go in the 10 gallon obviously. I am already severely overstocked (6 fish in my 80 gallon and 3 in my 40).

I told him he better start digging a pond the moment the ground thaws LOL.

... a hermit crab? Ohgeez. Those guys are care in themselves!

A feeder too? Yep, he better start digging or building you a pond. :rofl Send him here and we'll whip him into shape to give you a nice present. :teehee

I thought I was going to cry lol. His excuse was "but they told me at the store they could live in that tank just fine!" and "I thought when you said don't get a goldfish that you meant one of your fancy ones".

I see a very large pond in my future.

Rule #1 of fishkeeping: Do not trust pet shop employees unless given just cause.

LOL Emily, go look up some videos of common goldfish and show him how big they get. :teehee

You have no idea how many times over the last week or so I've said that feeders can grow to at least a foot long if not bigger and his response was "but it's only small right now"

This is why I do all the fish maintenance and purchasing of fish LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...at least your significant other is interested in fish! Good luck and I hope you get your pond. ;)

This was a good refraim :teehee

Rule #1 of fishkeeping: Do not trust pet shop employees unless given just cause.

LOL Emily, go look up some videos of common goldfish and show him how big they get. :teehee

You have no idea how many times over the last week or so I've said that feeders can grow to at least a foot long if not bigger and his response was "but it's only small right now"

This is why I do all the fish maintenance and purchasing of fish LOL!

A year is a short amount of time, and with proper care they can get at least half of their full size in that time... 6 inches is pretty big. Their first two years is when they do most of their growing. If you can explain that to him, you can explain why it is imperative that they start off right. :)

I can understand bringing a feeder fish home, but a hermit crab? That is a bit of a jump.

Hopefully you're able to sort something out for them! :)

I thought I was going to cry lol. His excuse was "but they told me at the store they could live in that tank just fine!" and "I thought when you said don't get a goldfish that you meant one of your fancy ones".

Way to go!

There's nothing like a shovel and a plot of rocky ground to teach a man to ask before he acts, LOL.

Edited by shakaho

Way to go!

There's nothing like a shovel and a plot of rocky ground to teach a man to ask before he acts, LOL.

OMG lol!! That killed me, I am going to have to tell him that one hahaha!

Haha I have the same issues with my boyfriend ... he takes the pet shop employees' word as gold every time! This morning he said to me, "I just think you follow instructions to the extreme ..."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by *Amanda*

Haha I have the same issues with my boyfriend ... he takes the pet shop employees' word as gold every time! This morning he said to me, "I just think you follow instructions to the extreme ..."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've been having some issues with one of my orandas being really floaty and I was researching foods and he said "do you ever think your problems come from your tank being too clean?"

I didn't even know what to say lol

As for an update the hermit crab was actually a fiddler crab and he passed away two days ago for no obvious reason.