Telechu's Quarantine

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl It's not enough that Myrtle is one of her names?? :rofl

Yahhhhoooooo!!! :nana :nana

I said that I was not in a rush to get her in the main tank. This is no longer true. GET IN NOW! :krazy:

Okay, maybe not starting today?

If she has a reaction to the first round, I won't ask my husband to treat her for the 2nd round while I'm in NC. If this is the case, is a long break after the 1st round okay? It would be a 7 or 8 day break. :idont

Okay :)

I'd hate for him (and me! Haha) to see her be unhappy in it and not really know what to do. I'd probably come home early! :rofl

I'd hate for him (and me! Haha) to see her be unhappy in it and not really know what to do. I'd probably come home early! :rofl

My girl hadn't shown any reaction to salt or prazi! So I bet you'll be fine. :)

I'm not really expecting one, but who knows! :teehee

How's yours doing? Is she out of QT Yet? :)

My girl hadn't shown any reaction to salt or prazi! So I bet you'll be fine. :)

I'm not really expecting one, but who knows! :teehee

How's yours doing? Is she out of QT Yet? :)

She's only a week ahead of yours so nope! She's got another 2-3 weeks left. With any fish thats shipped I feel a long QT is better because who knows what they could be carrying and not show until later in observations. That's why I'm doing a preventative round of MM (something I would typically never do) just because I cannot take any chances with her or my other fish.

Okay so we're in today's 2nd wc before I add it :rofl

Am I still at .3% salt?

And do I double up on prazi for the first round?

I did high salt for the first week and then brought it down. I didn't double dose prazi but I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

Thanks mk

She was being weird so she didn't get any salt up until about 5 days ago I think? I will check the exact dates.

Can I keep it at .3 while double dosing?

Yep, I'd double dose prazi/0.3%. If you don't double dose prazi, then just do 0.1% salt.

If she's only been at 0.3% for about a week, I'd do 0.3% for one more week with double prazi. :D

I did high salt for the first week and then brought it down. I didn't double dose prazi but I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

Thanks mk
She was being weird so she didn't get any salt up until about 5 days ago I think? I will check the exact dates.

Can I keep it at .3 while double dosing?

It has to be at 0.3% while double dosing. :D

Yep, I'd double dose prazi/0.3%. If you don't double dose prazi, then just do 0.1% salt.

If she's only been at 0.3% for about a week, I'd do 0.3% for one more week with double prazi. :D

Haha, ya sniped me! Thanks! :D

Woo woo! It has officially begun. :panana

Also, she gave my finger a little kissy. :wub: I was not expecting that! :heart:teehee

Day 3 of prazi. Lots of bottom sitting today. :idont

My phone is near dead, but once it's charged a little I'll get a video.

And I just went in and she's like, "fooled ya, human!"

It's not 100% but more than I'd like to see.

About 30 seconds in she starts her slow-mo thing. She's not bottom sitting today, I just want it on the record that this fish mopes and wants to keep me guessing.

Hhh

Edited by jenzaar

Thanks lisa. I just find her at the bottom so much more than I've seen my fish do before. She makes it hard to catch on video haha. I really do think once she is in the 55 that she'll be happier. :)

Heh, could be it.

Hopefully soon it'll be over and she'll have a nice algae buffet to nom on for ages! :D