• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love this fish :wub:

cleaning time! Her water looks gross this morning :o

It's sooo much better now! :rofl

I hope she keeps it tidy in there today. :rolleyes:

The hornwort is sitting in a bowl, by itself, with slightly less eggs but still probably way more than I realize. Not sure what I want to do with it.

No reason to keep any unfertilized eggs... so what about just letting her eat what's left from the hornwart?

I just don't know if she'll be able to get them all. There was soooo much! And the tank had kind of a smell to it this morning, so I'm hesitant to put the eggs back in :idont

They may have already gotten rancid, then. My experience with eggs says 24-36 hours is okay to leave them in as long as they don't smell. But since everything smelled then why would you be hesitant to get rid of the hornwart? Even a heavy trimming won't kill it, it will just grow back.

They may have already gotten rancid, then. My experience with eggs says 24-36 hours is okay to leave them in as long as they don't smell. But since everything smelled then why would you be hesitant to get rid of the hornwart? Even a heavy trimming won't kill it, it will just grow back.

Oh I want to keep it! I took them out cause I didn't want egg funk in the tank, and because they take a lot of swimming room away from her. I just don't know what to do now, disinfect a keep plucking and put it in the 55 or what

Oh she is just the cutest thing ever. She looks like she wears heavy makeup. Can you please post more pics of this half -person- fish :D

So glad she is feeling better.

Awww thanks!! Absolutely, I'll get more up! :D

I'll probably post them in the first thread, just because I'm already having trouble keeping her QT the topic of QT thread :rofl

Jenna, if you think a bigger container is better for her, get one. There is very nice 20 gallon long on sale at Petsmart right now! :rofl

:wall

I'm so conffuuuuuused! :krazy:

I do think it will make ME feel better. Her? I dunno! :rofl Guess I'm goin to petsmart!

I am getting a little.. wary. I just told Mike how I won't make a thing of it yet haha, but... nope! She's just a little slow. And I know it's probably all just stress, after a long day with FedEx, new tank, and laying tons of eggs. But she seems to do a lot of hovering near one corner. Are we still in that window of settling in, or has it extended a bit? She came in on Tuesday morning.

Thanks Lisa. :hug I'm hoping it's just stress. I'm keeping the one side of the tank covered so we don't startle her too much.

She's not too interested. :idont I've tried both super green (I believe ken had them on soilent) and bloodworms.. she pecked at both but didn't go crazy. The BW I only tried after she laid the eggs so I'm wondering if she was full from :Scoff:

Susanne... seriously, if you can get the papers I will see to it that she has babies for you! :D

Let me know how she does in the morning...

the things that we really want to know :rofl

- poop

- appetite

- activity

- any odd behavior

I'm sure she will be OK, Jenna. Travels are hard, and she's had to make two huge trips now.

-Poop I've seen sparingly. It looked okay, was a lighter color but didn't seem stringy.

-appetite is okay, she's eating some bloodworms now. Before today though I didn't see much of an appetite, but I do think she ate a lot of eggs so hopefully that's why.

-she spends a lot of time just kind of hovering. I do catch her swimming now and then, but a lot of the time she's just.. there

-nothing too odd, just the hovering. No flashing, I don't think I've really seen clamped fins but I could be wrong on that. I'll attach a video in a few. :)

Waddles is a big pout when he's in QT by himself. He often just hovers too. Even this last time when he wasn't officially sick just full of sand he hovered a lot. Then once he pooped out all the sand he was a little more active but still lots of staying in one place.

She looks great in the video. Watch for her blood worm poo. If you can get a video of her hovering/more typical behavior, that would be great. :)