Sigh....

I'm gonna unload for a second. I'm getting so frustrated with my search for another fish. As some of you know, I only have one fish (Aspen) that I got a little over a year ago from rain garden. I have a 55 gallon tank and I would never go more than two in there. For months I've been searching for my "dream fish" and a tank mate for miss Aspen. I really don't like to get tangled up with pet store fish, my local stores never have healthy fish and I've had bad experiences in the past with fish I have bought locally. I really would only like a rain garden fish, just because of how healthy and how high of quality that Steve breeds... Aspen has never been sick other than a little fin rot caused by a cycle bump when we moved. Whenever I see a fish that I think is "the one", we either don't have the extra money at the moment and then said fish is gone before we do, or I message Steve and it's just been sold. More recently, a fish that I absolutely fell in love with was sold before I could pay the invoice... I was heartbroken. Already had quarantine set up and names picked out. So, back to the drawing board. Just hoping the right fish comes along at the right time.

Ok done with my vent!

Are you bent on getting an oranda? Or are you open to any kind of goldfish? And ECR does sell orandas, you have to inquire her about it, though. I did read on her FB page, however, that she is taking a break from selling fish for a few weeks just to keep things in check and do some preventative maintenance.

Try not to think of finding a new fish as a chore. It should come naturally and you'll know when you see the one.

Best of luck! :hug

Oh man, I feel you.

There is nothing like knowing you have an empty space in your tank for that one special fish, and never being able to find it. Your parameters are perfect in your tank/QT, you've got money burning a hole in your wallet, and your internet browser are open to all the fish breeder/auction sites- and you're periodically refreshing the page each time waiting for new listings and what not.

I'm in a similar boat right now. I have two open spots for my tank, and I am just waiting for a classic lionhead, and crowned pearlscale to come my way.

I spoke to a couple of importers and they tell me by late spring, early summer, they may have something.

The waiting just really sucks.

I get you.. When I was filling my fish tank, I had to drive EVERYWHERE just to get a fish. I think one day I drove over 200 miles to all the fish stores with my GPS LOL. And just yesterday I drove around 120 miles to find my "dream betta". However everytime I was close to buying a fish, I would stop and really think whether or not I am buying it because I love them or buying it just to get a fish. So some trips, I would come home empty handed. It feels good to buy a fish, but then when you look at it and know it's not the one... xD

When it is the one, you will know! The same thing happened to me a while back on Rain Garden. I saw this calico pearlscale and when I thought I could handle fancies like pearlscales, it was sold! I still remember that, but I am happy with the goldfish I have now.

I'm the same, I'm so picky about my fish. I know what I like in a fish lol.

Well, good news is... I think I've finally found the fish! I'm about to pay the invoice... If I don't back out last minute lol. Here he is... Frayed tail but that'll heal quick in pristine QT and he's GORGEOUS 9C2F6BB0-A0D2-4A27-A578-1D2EE2962E95_zps

Ahhh!!! So jelly. He looks GREAT. Orandas are one of the goldies I would like to have, but got other types because I didn't find the "perfect" oranda and now I'm overstocked LOL.

Edited by Gloyd