Praziquantel Tablets Dosage

Hi guys, long time no see. :D

I've just got myself a bunch of new fish for my pond (as I do), and will be QTing then when they arrive on wednesday. My friend has managed to get me some prazi tablets from her vet, and I'd love some help with the dosage, if anyone can spare a moment to help. :)

I have 7 new fish, which are 4cm long give or take, excluding tail. I'll be QTing them in my 30gal/120L tank.

The tablets are called Wormicide Tape, we have the 100mg size, here's a link http://www.virbac.co.nz/p-virbacnzpuben/display.aspx?srv=p-virbacnz&typ=pub&lang=en&cmd=view&style=styles/specie.xsl&select=PRODUCT%5B@ID$eq$PRODUCT_314%5D%7CSECTION%5B@ID$eq$SECTION_900%5D&affp=&

"White, scored tablets containing the active ingredient PRAZIQUANTEL 294 mg/g. Two tablet sizes of 50 mg or 100 mg praziquantel."

I haven't seen any more info than that yet, I'm afraid.

As an aside, here's my incoming fishies,

, 309428565.jpg

Hi Shu, how are you? We want to see new fish, and the pond! :D I hope all is well with you!

Could you clarify the different tablets that you have, and their strengths?

The final dose of prazi during treatment is 2.5mg/L. :)

We can, and do, double it to 5mg/L on occasion. :)

Hi Alex! I'm just fine, thanks :D Had a lot of drama in the fish department last year and needed a break. Everything seems to be going well now though.

Just one sort of tablet, called "Wormicide Tape". 100 mg sized tablets, containing prazi 294 mg/g.

I'm sorry to hear of your fish troubles, and wish you the best this time around. :)

Thank you for the clarification. Since each tablet is 100mg, each one of them will be able to treat 25L, or roughly 6.5 gallons. :)