I measured my fish

Hello Everyone,

I thought I'd see how big my fish are today. Yesterday I had a topic on my plants but received a couple comments of how big my fish were so I thought I'd measure them today.

Here is Dexter my Blue Oranda

Today: Total body including tail is 7 inches.

Body alone is 4.3 inches

Tail is almost 3 inches

When I received Dexter last Oct.31, 2013 from Rain Garden Steve had him at 6.3 or 6.4 but I kept coming up with only 6 inches total. His body alone was at 3.7 inches.

In almost 5 months he grew almost an inch in body and an inch in total length.

[/url]">http://3-22-14holdingfishforsize009_zps78ffab6d

[/url]">http://3-22-14holdingfishforsize007_zps947732e3

[/url]">http://3-22-14holdingfishforsize002_zps41830686

Here is Pearl my Crowned Pearlscale

Today: Total body including tail is 6 1/2 inches total

Body alone is 3 1/2 inches

Tail is 3 inches

When I did a measurement on Pearl back on November 16, 2013 her total length including tail was 5 inches. Body alone was 2 3/4 inches.

She grew in 4 1/2 months: body alone 3/4 inches. Total of 1 1/2 inches in length

[/url]">http://3-22-14holdingfishforsize010_zps783a461c

[/url]">http://3-22-14holdingfishforsize005_zps2fd07f51

Look at her crown growth.

[/url]">http://3-22-14holdingfishforsize008_zpsa460b1c0

Valentino the Red Cap is the last of tank mates and is in qt for a rip in his fin. Give him good thoughts please. Everything seems to be okay. Here is a photo of Valentino a couple of months ago with his tank friends.

Today: Total body including tail 6 3/4 inches

Body alone is 3 1/2 inches

Tail alone is 3 1/4 inches

Last November he was 6.1 total with body alone at 3.2. So he had the shortest growth of the three. Valentino is my compact fish that is more round through the middle where as Dexter, my Oranda is longer but is in proportion in the middle to his length.

[/url]">http://30894dbd-a406-444a-96da-6fef00fa50a1_zps

">[/url]

Thanks for looking. My curiosity got the best of me from yesterday so I had to find out their size and share with you. :)

Wow, Cheryl! They are stunning :heart

I'm amazed every time I see dexter... Still :teehee

Him and Quinn are long lost brothers :nana

I love how Dexter looks purple in the tank light. Purple orandas, ah. A beautiful collection of pretty fish, Cheryl!

I had to go back and see if he looked purple. ha ha He does. :) That's funny.

Thank you for the compliment. :)

Wow, Cheryl! They are stunning :heart

I'm amazed every time I see dexter... Still :teehee

Him and Quinn are long lost brothers :nana

Awe :) Thank you. I can't get over I now have a fish that is 7 inches in total length. :) (grant it, a lot due to tail but I don't care. I have a 7 inch fish. hahaha)

Yea :) on Quinn also. I love Blue Oranda's and your Quinn is "it" also. :)

Wonderful photos! And congrats on the growth!

Thank you so much. :) I'm excited for all their growth. I didn't think my Pearlscale was that big either. :)

I just love your fish, Cheryl!! :heart what awesome growth, too!!

Thank you. I can't get over the growth also. I'm thrilled. Your fish has had a lot of growth also Mikey. They aren't the little babies anymore.

They have had some great growth in your care :) They all look wonderful... I can't even pick a favorite!!!!

Thank you so much. I appreciate it. :) I was favoring Valentino for months and months when his wen was developing last year. I'm not going to tell the others though. I love them all. :)

I LOVE your fish Cheryl! They're gorgeous :D sending lots of healing thoughts out to the beautiful Valentino, I hope he's feeling better very soon :heart

Thank you Alicia. I hope Valentino gets out of qt at end of week. I'll have to post update before I do though just to make sure. He's acting and eating just fine though. I just don't like that rip. :(

Alicia, I hope you see this. Your photo looks great. You look wonderful. Hope all is going good.

Beautiful fins on Dexter. He looks a lot like my blue oranda. Separated at birth, maybe? :)

Thank you. :)

I think we all like to think that all our Blue Oranda's are related. hahahaha It's funny though because when I came on koko's about 18,19 months ago I didn't really see a lot of Blue Oranda's. We sure can get our "fix" now here.:)

I bought my Dexter at Rain Garden and someone else purchased a R.G. fish within weeks of mine. I can't remember who though. Was it you? I do think there is a relative of Dexter's here. hahaha

Thank you Susanne. :) And thank you for the well wishes on Valentino. I'm just very thankful it's not his wen that I'm concerned about.

I do love RedCaps and I love your Newton. :)

Beautiful fins on Dexter. He looks a lot like my blue oranda. Separated at birth, maybe? :)

I think we all like to think that all our Blue Oranda's are related. hahahaha It's funny though because when I came on koko's about 18,19 months ago I didn't really see a lot of Blue Oranda's. We sure can get our "fix" now here. :)

I bought my Dexter at Rain Garden and someone else purchased a R.G. fish within weeks of mine. I can't remember who though. Was it you? I do think there is a relative of Dexter's here. hahaha

Nope, not me. Mine's from the local PetCo. For a while last Spring they had quite a few blue orandas. I think Dexter has longer/more flowing fins than mine but in the body and wen areas they are a lot alike. Mine even has a chocolate spot in the same place!

Great job of fish-keeping, Cheryl. I love that third pic of Dexter showing his chubby cheeks! Sending lots of healing vibes Valentino's way.

Thank you so much.:) Dexter's cheeks are definitely a lot chubbier in the 5 months since I've had him. Thanks for the good vibes on Valentino also. I appreciate it a lot. :)

I think we all like to think that all our Blue Oranda's are related. hahahaha It's funny though because when I came on koko's about 18,19 months ago I didn't really see a lot of Blue Oranda's. We sure can get our "fix" now here. :)

Nope, not me. Mine's from the local PetCo. For a while last Spring they had quite a few blue orandas. I think Dexter has longer/more flowing fins than mine but in the body and wen areas they are a lot alike. Mine even has a chocolate spot in the same place!

That's neat that your local Petco had some blue oranda's. I don't see them often at my Petco. Awe, for our fish looking the same. Yours must be handsome than seeing that Dexter is. ha ha ha ha

Just gorgeous!!

Thank you so much. :)

They are so big, healthy and gorgeous!

Thank you so much. I appreciate it. I'm working on getting my Red Cap back to healthy though.