Sign in to follow this  
tithra

Show me your acrylics!

Here is a pic of my 46 gallon bowfront Sea Clear acrylic. Sorry about how crooked it is. I was holding my laptop up over my head facing down in true contortionist style to take the pic. I removed the light hood so you could see the top. The tank is 36 inches long. The filter is an AC110 and you can see that the filter slot area just fits it.

Photoon2014-04-06at0825_zpsd11bfd30.jpg

Hope this helps.....

:thumbup2:

Thank you!

I wish acrylics could be open on top. I really like the idea of an acrylic just for the reduced leaking/cracking factor, but I get all claustrophobic feeling when I see the tops. I hate that is limits your options of what equipment you can have and where you can place equipment :( I'm a big fan of having a filter in each corner of the tank and I'm seeing that might be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of having a filter in each corner of the tank and I'm seeing that might be an issue.

Yes!!!! .......and gravel cleaning is also more difficult. These are the trade-offs for that almost leak proof construction.