None of the fish eating frozen brine shrimp?

orangeboar

Okay so... lol. Didn't want to make a post about this, but yeah. I got a pack of Sally's Frozen Brine Shrimp that I never used. I bought it like 9 months ago? I checked the EXP. date and it says best by July 2014. I never fed my goldfish the frozen brine shrimp since I got my bubble eye because he cannot see them. But I just tried feeding my fish now and ALL my fish rejected it.

I just break off a piece and swish them around all my tanks so they thaw out. So I looked and none of my fish were eating it. None in the turtle tank, tropical tank, and the goldie tank. They all eat it but spit it right back out. I left them for like 20 minutes after watching them and there were clumps of brine shrimp on the gravel or bottom of the tank. So I did a water change for all of them right away.

It looks fine. Maybe I got a bad batch? XD Not sure if I should be concerned for the health of my fishes. Thank you.

Oh forgot to mention I got frozen bloodworm cubes that I got at the same time which they all ate.

I'm at work now but I'll go check when I get home. When I broke the BS pieces up, I didn't see any signs of freezer burn cause they were all brown. I have a feeling you're right and I just have to throw the whole thing away. Bye bye $9 xD

Yeah I just read up on freezer burn. I never buy frozen things or freeze things, so actually, I never used the freezer before except to store my fishie foods LOL. So I'm tossing everything when I get home. Gotta buy new stuff before the weather gets hotter and they all melt before I get home since I don't live close to anything!

Yeah I just read up on freezer burn. I never buy frozen things or freeze things, so actually, I never used the freezer before except to store my fishie foods LOL. So I'm tossing everything when I get home. Gotta buy new stuff before the weather gets hotter and they all melt before I get home since I don't live close to anything!

I would only throw out what has been in the freezer for more than 4 months.