Sign in to follow this  
Jenniferhackler

Aquatic related nightmares? Just me?

Random thoughts for the day, but does anyone else have aquatic/ goldfish related nightmares?? Mine always involve something like my tank draining without me realizing it, or my snails shells all cracking, stuff like that lol. I always wake up so relieved that my fish and creatures are still happy and healthy.

I have dreams about redecorating or tank maintenance. Sometimes getting new fish. :idont

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I just had a dream last night: I had three large tanks, full of goldfish. They were all running off of the same sump filter system. The goldfish started getting sick. It was recommended that I immediately take the tanks off of the same filter system, install filters on each of the tanks, and do 100% water changes in order to begin treatment. Yikes! I think this dream represents the busyness that I'm experiencing in my waking life right now.

Edited by LisaCGold

No... I have multiple dreams about my goldfish dying... LOL. I forget what they are about now, but I definitely know I wake up and go "WHAT. That seemed so real, but I know it's a dream". And my goldies are still fine. Whew.

Not really a night mare but i once dreamed that i went to a candy store only to find that all the candies were fish. There was a gum ball dispenser full of goldfish. you paid 50 cents, turned the knob and a ryukin along with a gallon of water would come out of it. There were compartments full of commons, A grabbing game with oranges and wakins and a vacuums instead of a claw, the cashier was a mermaid and the counter was a giant tank. The store sold tetras and other fish too, but goldfish were their bread and butter. I'm still not sure what to make of it.

You just reminded me that I had a dream a couple nights ago that I fell into my 40 breeder and smashed it. A few months ago in real life we accidentally cracked it from hitting it with a door (We have a door stop set up now!), luckily not to the point where it was gushing out water but enough that we had to get a new tank that day. Not one of the best days I've had, AT ALL. I think I'm traumatized for life from that to the point that it's in my dreams, lol.

Edited by Goldenhero

Alllllllll the time!!! And they are always bad dreams, not good ones

THIS. I don't think I ever had any GOOD dreams where the fish aren't dead or dying... XD I dislike my brain.

I've had years of aquarium nightmares. Usually it's fish in the wrong tanks and I have to move them back, but they always find their way back into the wrong tank. Either that or the tanks have miraculously shrunk and I have to find bigger containers, which then shrink or break. Or both! It ends up kind of sisyphusian. I assume it's related to times of high stress.

Occasionally I have nicer dreams when I get to go goldfish shopping!

I dream of fish almost every night because I've become crazy for fish. :krazy:

Mostly, they are not bad, sometimes just pointless. I have dreams that I visit amazing pet stores with fish tanks full of big, beautiful goldfish. Other times I have dreams where my fish fly out of the tank and float through the air. I try to catch them but they slip through my fingers.

I have had the same dream several times. The fish are in a room floating in the air and they are nearly transparent. Beautiful colors. All around the room are tanks on the floor. Dirty tanks that I start cleaning right away. Some of the fish swim right through the tanks.

Strange.

I had a different dream a few weeks ago. I was standing in a large room of aquariums. Someone was in the room with me and I started talking about the space needed for keeping the fish. The person told me that even the room we were in is not even a fairly large enough space for the fish and that I was being cruel to keep them in any size container at all and to try to keep them in what is not their natural environment with filters and all the other mechanical and chemical equipment that is used is cruel, and that they should all be out in the wild the way nature intended.

That one still haunts me and my mind tells me that it is so profound.

Which reminds me. I gotta go clean my 60g.

This is so funny! We are all goldfish obsessed. I thought I was the only one having this happen.

I have bad dreams where the fish have jumped out of the tank and I have to find them and put them back in. They always survive somehow.

I also have good ones where they are just sort of coming over to say hello while I'm sleeping. I figure they have found out how to psychically beg for food even while I'm asleep! In these ones they can swim outside of the tank. These ones are actually kind of nice.

Edited by Saracatt

I dream of fish almost every night because I've become crazy for fish. :krazy:

Mostly, they are not bad, sometimes just pointless. I have dreams that I visit amazing pet stores with fish tanks full of big, beautiful goldfish. Other times I have dreams where my fish fly out of the tank and float through the air. I try to catch them but they slip through my fingers.

Yes! I've had the floating fish dream too! It's very disorienting. Even though they're clearly OK I get obsessive about trying to put them back in the water.

i had a nightmare after performing an autopsy on a fish. and it wasn't the first time for autopsy.... just that that particular fish was quite significant to me. the nightmare was quite bad and felt so real that i woke up.

other than that, no other goldfish related dreams/nightmares for me. thank goodness.

it could have been that i still had the smell of clove oil on my hands.. that smell is very difficult to get rid of and may have been a trigger for the nightmare.

Aww Helen :(:hug

I have them too. Normally only when I have something going on with the tank that's making me anxious, if there's a new fish, or if I'm sick. I don't have them often, but when I do they're recurring dreams. :idont

i had a nightmare after performing an autopsy on a fish. and it wasn't the first time for autopsy.... just that that particular fish was quite significant to me. the nightmare was quite bad and felt so real that i woke up.

other than that, no other goldfish related dreams/nightmares for me. thank goodness.

it could have been that i still had the smell of clove oil on my hands.. that smell is very difficult to get rid of and may have been a trigger for the nightmare.

I'm sorry Helen - for the loss and your nightmare.

When I'm stressed I often have bad dreams about my little goldfish, normally involving his fins getting stuck or the tank draining and I have to keep finding containers but they keep draining! :o Not nice. It's definitely not just you!

Omgawed just had one recently, SO I went to go fishing in the dream, caught a bunch of random fish, filled some tanks up with the water from around it, and put them inside, all of a sudden the fish start growing too big for the tanks there in, become aggressive towards other fish, I put them in a bag, and magically the bag would write out what species of fish it was, one was a fire eel, another an apistogramma, one was a betta, one was a oscar fish, and one was some type of evil thing. Don't know. But was triply as heck cause I had to rehome the fish and my poor gold fish suffered from having things share the tank, also they grew at unnormal rates as if inches before my eyes, was a pretty creepy dream, all while in the dream I felt like a terrible fish owner, risking the lives of so many fish and my own current ones.

i had this strange dream where the tops of my pinkie fingers had hinged lids.when i opened them,there were little fish living inside of them.