Sign in to follow this  
Lis.

I have eggs!

Oh sorry, I haven't seen the quoted part. That's great ^^. How old are they? I'm in the same situation and even with the second batch of eggs (95% fertilized) I have too many. How could you count them? What's your technique? Mine move so quickly that I can barely take out the food debris... pheww

Oh sorry, I haven't seen the quoted part. That's great ^^. How old are they? I'm in the same situation and even with the second batch of eggs (95% fertilized) I have too many. How could you count them? What's your technique? Mine move so quickly that I can barely take out the food debris... pheww

Some of them are 11 days old, but most are 9 days old :) I really do have too many, I didn't realise how many eggs were on the moss. I would've liked a more manageable number, maximum of 50 would've been nice. I scooped them out with a spoon and put them into another container so that I could wash their tank out. It's very time consuming, but with that many fry there isn't much else I can do. Let me know if you work out a better way of doing it :)

That is insane. Good luck with them. :)

This a very impressive fry story!!

That is insane. Good luck with them. :)

Thanks guys! So far it's going well for a first attempt, fingers crossed it carries on this way :D

Some of them are 11 days old, but most are 9 days old :) I really do have too many, I didn't realise how many eggs were on the moss. I would've liked a more manageable number, maximum of 50 would've been nice. I scooped them out with a spoon and put them into another container so that I could wash their tank out. It's very time consuming, but with that many fry there isn't much else I can do. Let me know if you work out a better way of doing it :)

I bought a small net with extra fine mesh at the LFS. The clerk said it was a brine shrimp net. I've been moving my fry around with that - it's worked pretty well.

I bought a small net with extra fine mesh at the LFS. The clerk said it was a brine shrimp net. I've been moving my fry around with that - it's worked pretty well.

I do have a very fine mesh net, but I was worried that, with them being so small, taking them out with a net could damage them? That may be a much easier method, thank you :)

Mine don't seem any worse for wear; I've been moving them around daily using the net.

So, today my older fry are 13 days old, and the younger ones are 11 days old :)

Sorry about the picture quality, but they're actually starting to look a bit like fish :rofl lots of full tums :heart

imagejpg1_zps11e60a8b.jpg

Look at how much they've grown! :D

:rofl. I can't believe how many you have. :rofl

You and your mom better start digging that pond. :rofl3

Awesome Lis. a pond is def in order!!!

Oh by the way...the bigger the better =]

Haha, it's funny you should mention a pond, my mum has just finished putting a small pond in the garden haha. It now has 4 commons in it (they're my brother and sisters, they were living in a 10g, so I donated one of my 120 litre tanks with the agreement that they go in a pond). It's not a huge pond, but it'll be big enough for them I think :)

I've had a few losses over the past few days, but most of them were the really small fry. When will I start seeing dorsal fins? :idont if of course they aren't ranchus :) I think I might start looking into putting them in something bigger soon

Dorsal fins came at 2 weeks. Or was it 3? :tomuch:

Not sure, but it was one of those 2. :o

Dorsal fins came at 2 weeks. Or was it 3? :tomuch:

Not sure, but it was one of those 2. :o

Well, we've hit day 17 for the older fry, 15 for the younger fry, no dorsals yet...maybe it's 3 weeks then? :rofl

I went through my Waldo thread and I said at 2 weeks he definitely had a dorsal fin. But he looks bigger than yours? :idont

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/115522-eureka-one-fry/?p=1673835

Then here he is at 20 days. :flex: Definitely can see the dorsal. :D

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/115522-eureka-one-fry/?p=1679499

Well that's concerning...he looks a lot bigger than my fry. I'm feeding them 4 times a day, sometimes 5. Maybe they need more space? :idont I found quite a large, shallow tub thing yesterday, I may transfer them over to that tomorrow, see if the extra space helps

I think our batches of fry are roughly the same age; I'll check if I can see dorsal fins on any of mine tomorrow morning.

I think our batches of fry are roughly the same age; I'll check if I can see dorsal fins on any of mine tomorrow morning.

I haven't seen any dorsals on mine yet, but mine are still quite small :/ take a look at the two links Lisa left, do your fry look anything like that?.mine are eating well, and I do daily water changes of around 80-90%...could it have something to do with him being the only fry? :idont I'm a bit worried now :rofl

I can see some dorsals! :)

I think it has everything to do with him being a single fry. He had food available nearly 24/7 and no competition. :)

Yay for some dorsals. :rofl3

I think it has everything to do with him being a single fry. He had food available nearly 24/7 and no competition. :)

Yay for some dorsals. :rofl3

I agree. I'm sure Waldo developed at a faster rate. BTW, I looked at about a dozen of my fry this morning and I thought I could see a dorsal on one. I bet the start showing up soon though.

I'm concerned. I was watching the fry last night, and I noticed that some of them catch the bbs, then spit them out and swim away. I decided to treat for flukes again, but their behaviour hasn't changed. It's not all of them, just some of them. Any thoughts?