Mikey!

TikiLola

Hi Mikey,

I was just wondering if your fish pet store has Duckweed? We may be coming down Saturday and my daughter has found that her goldies looove the stuff. lol

Edited by TikiLola

Just make sure to keep some of the duckweed separate from the goldfish to make it grow. Under the right conditions it will multiply quickly, providing a steady source of food for the goldfish to be fed in addition to whatever else their diet is.

A shallow tub with old goldfish tank water in a sunny spot will work wonders. You might want to do water changes on that tub to keep feeding the duckweed with the nutrients from the tank goldfish tank. :)

We have 1-2 little pieces that came in with some fish :cry but we do have an adorable lionhead (possible chu?) and a red cap :whistle

And of course, Jenna's butterfly telescope and others. :P

Edited by Mikey

We have 1-2 little pieces that came in with some fish :cry but we do have an adorable lionhead (possible chu?) and a red cap :whistle

Oh, good. You found this thread.

Now stay here, while I go win LOTP.

Do you/they get duckweed? If so, let me know the next time. My daughter comes down once or twice a month usually. Do you do tank testing there like at Petsmart/Petco? I think I might not be reading my results correctly. Thought you could take a look. I cold bring my test kit along.

Oh, good. You found this thread.

Now stay here, while I go win LOTP.

:pp can you come down too? :) it can be a Kokos meet up! Wait... I'm actually working that day :/ it'll have to be quick or longer if there are no customers. But if a customer is there and needs help, I'll have to leave you guys real quick. Edited by Mikey

Do you/they get duckweed? If so, let me know the next time. My daughter comes down once or twice a month usually. Do you do tank testing there like at Petsmart/Petco? I think I might not be reading my results correctly. Thought you could take a look. I cold bring my test kit along.

I can see if we can order any :idont I know my co worker has quite a bit. Maybe she can bring some :). She doesn't like it anyway :rofl3

Yes! API master test kit. We do it for free and it's more acurate then most chain stores since they usually are lazy and use strips instead of the drops.

Edited by Mikey

I can see if we can order any :idont I know my co worker has quite a bit. Maybe she can bring some :). She doesn't like it anyway :rofl3

Yes! API master test kit. We do it for free and it's more acurate then most chain stores since they usually are lazy and use strips instead of the drops.

Yay! I'm hoping to get there sometime Saturday, but won't know for sure until closer to the weekend.

oooooooooh! i must systematically visit all of NJs petstores this coming saterday to stalk down my fellow NJ kokos members !! :rofl2
where do you work mikey? ....if you don't mind me asking :teehee

oooooooooh! i must systematically visit all of NJs petstores this coming saterday to stalk down my fellow NJ kokos members !! :rofl2

I guess I should log on more often lol, guess we'll be going to all the epic NJ pet/fish stores :-)

It was good meeting you the other day, Mikey!!

^^^ Elisa is gonna be so surprised I actually logged in and made a comment lol :)

I guess I should log on more often lol, guess we'll be going to all the epic NJ pet/fish stores :-)

^^^ Elisa is gonna be so surprised I actually logged in and made a comment lol :)

:thud :thud :thud

hi honey ! :wub:

Yes! :D come visit :nana if you come down this weekend, I can show you my LFS and you can even meet my fish and ruby if you would both like :)

It was nice meeting you too :)!!

Yes! :D come visit :nana if you come down this weekend, I can show you my LFS and you can even meet my fish and ruby if you would both like :)

It was nice meeting you too :)!!

That would be awesome !!

Sadly we're pretty booked this weekend :no:

But another weekend for sure :happydance

Would love to meet the famous Ruby !! :heart

Edited by Elisa

Okay! :D let's try and plan ahead. :rofl as of now, I'm not needed for work next Saturday so I should be good :rofl and I can drive to my LFS if my mom Is home and she can come in and talk. (She is rarely in :P) and you are going to be so mad at yourself for being busy this weekend, We got some cuties in Tuesday and some more tomorrow! :D they will probably be there next week as we don't sell many fancy goldfish. Mainly they just pass away in our tanks. :/ we think it's how they are treated before hand and we just don't have the adequate space to have just a goldfish QT tank. We barely have room for a 15 gallon sick tank :( there is one fish that stands out to me... A beautiful Ryukin! He is a definite make with thick pecs and breeding stars :P and a cute red back and a baby ranchu with a slight tail deformation. I got a video of them :) let me upload it!

I'm gonna warn you! :P ruby is a biter and hisser! It doesn't hurt but it can be startling if you don't know it's coming. :yikes she only lets me hold and cuddle her. She is a very very very strange bird. Lol

Hi there!!!!! :)

...On a side note I want a panther chamelon...I think Elisa said there was a reptile section on this forum so I think I'm gonna hop over there and check out stuff on chamelons lol :) :BTT

Hi there!!!!! :)

...On a side note I want a panther chamelon...I think Elisa said there was a reptile section on this forum so I think I'm gonna hop over there and check out stuff on chamelons lol :) :BTT

I can get you all the info you need if you come in to my pet store this Saturday! :D My two co workers are experts on reptiles and dogs and such. My one had a veil tail chameleon I believe and it needed surgery and she paid for it too. Something about his rectum falling out or something :hmm and I think ultimately he passed due to kidney cancer. The vet said since he knew how well she took care of it, he would do an autopsy for free. He also wanted to know himself! That is seriously how well she took care of it :) Right now, she has a 9'x3' turtle tank, 3 bearded dragons, (2) 8.5' Colombian Redtail Boas, 1 red nose? pit, and a pit/lab mix.