Head and Wen re-growth after Hole-In-Head or other issues

stech

Does the head or wen ever grow back if tissue was gone from diseases such as Hole-in-head or other injuries?

Edited by stech

Can't believe its taking so long for medications to come (should be here tomorrow via online vendor). Ranchu is in QT with airstone and feeding on Koi-Med. I had applied Hydrogen Peroxide on it twice before learning that'll make hold bigger so I stop. The hole has not gotten any bigger and fish is active and eating well. I will be applying Metro + with Kanappa starting tomorrow.

Something I would like to recommend once you have gotten the meds all finished is to increase his frozen bloodworm intake until you have the hole closed. This may speed up the wen growth a bit and aid in closing the hole more quickly post- medication. It also would make a nice treat for the poor fish after he finishes all of his medicine! :)

Something I would like to recommend once you have gotten the meds all finished is to increase his frozen bloodworm intake until you have the hole closed. This may speed up the wen growth a bit and aid in closing the hole more quickly post- medication. It also would make a nice treat for the poor fish after he finishes all of his medicine! :)

Great idea ChelseaM I will do that as I want the get fish back to shape.