Sign in to follow this  
JordanWong1998

What To Do After?

So, I'm new to this site, and it looks really nice! Can't wait to see what this site has to offer!

Anyways, what should I do after I have set up my first tank? What can I do to stay active in the aquarium hobby?

Also, picture will be below if you would like to see my tank setup, would love to see what your tanks look like to! Pot your pictures!

:D

AQUARIUM PICTURES CLICK HERE

Welcome! Those are two tiny cuties!

Can I ask what you did to set up and the specs of your tank? (size, filter, etc.) There's always starting there.

"What can I do to stay active in the aquarium hobby?" - I am not sure what you're asking here. Keeping an aquarium is a full-time job and keeps you reminded of your hobby. ;)

Can I ask what you did to set up and the specs of your tank? (size, filter, etc.) There's always starting there.

"What can I do to stay active in the aquarium hobby?" - I am not sure what you're asking here. Keeping an aquarium is a full-time job and keeps you reminded of your hobby. ;)

Hello Chelsea, I did have 4 Rosy Red minnows but one has died! :(

Here are all my specs that I currently know!

• 3in x 3in Seashell Airstone
  • MarineLand Penguin 100 Bio-Filter

What about the tank's size? Do you know your water parameters? How many fish are in it and what breeds? How thick is your gravel layer?

There are many ways to describe your tank. :)

Edited by ChelseaM

Well ... I started with one tank and that soon became three! But even one would keep you busy. I stay active by constantly learning ... there are a lot of things to learn about aquarium keeping! A lot of it is science-related, which I really enjoy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

REPOST - I meant to keep on editing the post you just read, so here is what I originally was going to add, and of course the information you asked for.

• ---- Filters 100 Gallons An Hour
  • ---- 3 Stage Filtration
  • ---- Stage 1: Mechanical Filtration | Stage 2: Chemical Filtration | Stage 3: Biological Filtration
  • Aqueon 10 Gallon
  • 3 Rosy Red Minnows
  • 1/4 Inch Gravel Layer
  • No Water Parameters - Don't Have Test Kit

A test kit would be a good thing to get when you get some cash and time. ;)

I would just keep up with your water and enjoy while you browse Koko's. You'll get lots of fun information here and the research is worth the time. Learning about fishkeeping and the things it has helped me with in school and in real-life situations is really what keeps me in the hobby.

Can I ask what happened to the 2 goldfish that are in your tank photos?

You have a wonderful colored tank! By reading posts in the Koko forums and acting based on what you learn, you will stay active in this hobby.

I would just keep up with your water and enjoy while you browse Koko's. You'll get lots of fun information here and the research is worth the time. Learning about fishkeeping and the things it has helped me with in school and in real-life situations is really what keeps me in the hobby.

I originally had 4 rosy red minnow goldfish, But the biggest one died from an unknown cause. :(

Hello Jordan,

As far as staying interested in the hobby goes, you have found the perfect place to learn and grow. I think you will find that it becomes more interesting the more you learn and this is certainly the place to do that. The help and information I have found here in a short time has been invaluable. I keep coming back to read & read & read. The hobby and this place will grow on you. Be patient, fishkeeping is not a perfect science. Most of all please take into consideration the advice of the experienced administrators and moderators of this website who have been keeping fish for many many years and I believe you are good hands.

There is a section on this website to view peoples tanks and pictures. Very enjoyable :hi

I originally had 4 rosy red minnow goldfish, But the biggest one died from an unknown cause. :(

Rosy red minnows and goldfish are two totally different species and are not the same. If you have young common goldfish, then you have quite a bit to upgrade now.

Welcome to the forum, Jordan. :hi

Maintaing a tank is more work than a lot of people initially think, but it can be a very rewarding experience. Joining this site was a great first step. The information you will learn here will prove invaluable. Read up and ask any questions you may have. We're all here to help out. I wish you the best with your little fish. :)

Welcome to the forum, Jordan! :)

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum :D

Welcome to the forum:) If you want to learn a ton about fishkeeping, this is probably the best place to do it. Those are some super cute goldfish you have there!

Hello and welcome to kokos! I am a little confused about what type of fish you have, they look like common goldfish to me in the pictures you posted. Rosy red minnows are a different kind of fish. If you ever have questions we are here to help and there are tons of pinned articles with information as well.

Common goldfish:

Our_Products_Common_Goldfish_Group.jpg

Rosy Red Minnows

C73.jpg

Hello and welcome to kokos! I am a little confused about what type of fish you have, they look like common goldfish to me in the pictures you posted. Rosy red minnows are a different kind of fish. If you ever have questions we are here to help and there are tons of pinned articles with information as well.

Common goldfish:

Our_Products_Common_Goldfish_Group.jpg

Rosy Red Minnows

C73.jpg

I definitely have 3 common goldfish, then. They are too big too be rosy red minnows!

Then you may have just jumped into the deep end of the hobby!

You are looking at a bare minimum a 60 gallon aquarium to safely house those guys for most of their lives. They get to be about a foot long each sometimes. It's lucky though, that they are extremely hardy in terms of goldfish and are very very enjoyable pets that will live for years if given the proper conditions! :)

Here are some common goldfish belonging to one of our members, PawsPlus, in their 90 gallon aquarium. :)

A search of YouTube brings a lot of results as well of how large these guys will get. :)

I'm glad you found Koko's! Keeping goldfish is really quite fun once all of the technicalities are taken care of. I think my favorite aspect of it is watching them grow and realizing that you helped them reach their full potential!