Clear water

Hello all, i have seen alot of photos people have posted and their tanks are beautiful! But every single tank ive seen on here has crystal clear water! How do you get it so clear? Is it just regular water changes or less fish in a bigger tank or what? Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thank you both of you! Green water? When my water starts to get dirty there is no green water or green algae just that dirty brown algae?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Diatoms are a little unsightly, but they aren't unhealthy. My water turns horribly cloudy after water changes, but leaving the lights on a little longer seems to clear it right up.

I try to keep my lights on for 6-8 hours a day, which really helps keep algae under control and keep the water clear. Also, good filtration can never hurt.

Why not post some photos of your setup, so we can help troubleshoot you cloudy water. There are different types of "cloud", and have different causes. It will be even more helpful, if you post your parameters. Do you have a test kit available?