Sign in to follow this  
yafashelli

No Longer Bare, Sandy Bottom! Super Pic Heavy!

It's SOOOOOO beautiful Tammy! :nana Your fish are stunning too. ;)

Thanks, Becs! I'm super excited about it! :panana

You know, we haven't seen pictures of your tank in a while....... :bat:

I know, I'm well aware of that. I should do a photo shoot soon. It looks like a total accident compared to all the beautiful tanks here though!

I know, I'm well aware of that. I should do a photo shoot soon. It looks like a total accident compared to all the beautiful tanks here though!

So? Pics anyway, or else! :rofl3

oh how long for the white to get algae on it :rofl

Very nice though hun :hug

oh how long for the white to get algae on it :rofl

Very nice though hun :hug

SHHHHHHHH! Don't tell me such things! :rofl3

I have algae OCD! As soon as my rocks get a little bit of green on them thats IT! They get scrubbed! :o

Actually, the white sand looks better and shows off the white on your goldfish better when it picks up a green tinge.

Actually, the white sand looks better and shows off the white on your goldfish better when it picks up a green tinge.

Thanks for putting a good spin on it! :)

I'm hoping that all this new sand won't start me over with the algae blooms. The only place that I've found algae, these days, is on the plant leaves, and nowhere else.

Fabbbulous, you tease!

:P You know that you love it!

Sharon wants all surfaces covered with algae and things anyway :rofl

I think it looks sooooooo much better, but then I never quite understood bare bottom tanks. I don't know of any lakes, rivers, oceans, or ponds with glass bottoms :rofl

I think it looks sooooooo much better, but then I never quite understood bare bottom tanks. I don't know of any lakes, rivers, oceans, or ponds with glass bottoms :rofl

I had the bottom spray painted, to look like sand, but it was such a dark color. It was time for a change, as I've been bare bottomed since Sandy tore through. We were without power for two weeks, so since the tank was empty, I painted it! Lol!

I do agree that this looks so much more....finished... Let's see how long I make it, having the sand in there, though. Lol!

I know a few streems with bare bedrock that have no gravel mud or sand for 80-90% anyway. They would function like a natural bare bottom tank. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel E.

I know a few streems with bare bedrock that have no gravel mud or sand for 80-90% anyway. They would function like a natural bare bottom tank. Lol

There's always one... :D

That said those streems appeared for the most part void of life aswell lol

That said those streems appeared for the most part void of life aswell lol

Lol. and certainly void of goldfish.

Gorgeous!!! :heart you have me all excited!!! :nana you, your fish, and your plants will love it!!!!

Aaahhhhhhhhh can I come over and watch them?!?

I love that sand sooooo much more than mine, it looks incredible!!! :wub: Enjoy that sand bottom~!! :heart :heart

/screeeeeam :happydance

:o amazing how much it brightens up the tank :D How's your experience been with maintenance? Does it seem to get dirty faster than darker sand b/c it's white?

I wouldn't even call it white, it looks so natural and pretty :cry:heart

Gorgeous!!! :heart you have me all excited!!! :nana you, your fish, and your plants will love it!!!!

Thanks, Mikey! I've had my hands in the tank for the last two days, and my hands are like prunes. It's naptime, now! :rofl3

I love that sand sooooo much more than mine, it looks incredible!!! :wub: Enjoy that sand bottom~!! :heart :heart

Yes, you can come over and watch them. Just give me at least six months notice, so I can start picking up my son's mess. :rofl3

Next time it goes on sale, pick up a couple bags. It's really beautiful, and I also liked the texture of this much more than the Petco sand. I sat both side by side, for about a half hour, until I made the final decision. Lol!

:o amazing how much it brightens up the tank :D How's your experience been with maintenance? Does it seem to get dirty faster than darker sand b/c it's white?

:o she just put the sand in yesterday :krazy: don't ask about maintenance yet :yikes

I've never really done any heavy-duty maintenance, though I have just done my first water change with it. I'll keep you posted!

I wouldn't even call it white, it looks so natural and pretty :cry:heart

It's a very, very light beige, but it's almost white. It's stunning, but it's so fine that I needed both bags.

:o she just put the sand in yesterday :krazy: don't ask about maintenance yet :yikes

Ha! Not even yesterday! Last night, and then more this morning! :rofl3 I did a water change today, and it wasn't so bad. I'll still take the plants out, for each w/c, so that I can vac out the poop that accumulates around the rocks, but other than that, it should be fairly simple!

Thanks, Mikey! I've had my hands in the tank for the last two days, and my hands are like prunes. It's naptime, now! :rofl3

Yes, you can come over and watch them. Just give me at least six months notice, so I can start picking up my son's mess. :rofl3

Next time it goes on sale, pick up a couple bags. It's really beautiful, and I also liked the texture of this much more than the Petco sand. I sat both side by side, for about a half hour, until I made the final decision. Lol!

I think I might have to make a transition.........maybe.