Life as a GoldFish Owner(a special thanks to everyone)

msmayhem

So its been quite a while since ive been on here, but I wanted to post a update! It took almost 3 months to complete my first fishless cycle. I will not lie... it was the most fustrating thing ive ever done. Mostly because I was impatient.. very excited... and the biggest worry wart alive. BUT I DID IT! And let me tell you its worth the sleepless nights and the constant harassment. My bf and family have mocked me the entire time asking constantly, "why do on you have a 55 gal aquarium with only water running and your fish in separate tubs in the kitchen?" And my answer was always, "because its the RIGHT WAY!"

Im glade I took the lessons I learned on here and actually did it myself.Thank you KoKos form community for spending your time to educate the public and constantly answer the same questions over and over again all because you love these animals who are overlooked as being genuine creatures. The biggest lesson ive learned so far is that being a good fish owner isn't easy.. People won't understand why you have 55gals for two small fancy goldfish. But you gotta be strong and live your life as a lesson to others and change the way people see these animals.

Ive already performed a public speech in my communications class about goldfish keeping and used this site as cited information. Again, thank you everyone and I can not wait for pay day so I can finnaly subscribe and join the cause.

:thumbs: you go girl! Stick to your guns! :D

Congrats on the fish fishless cycle :Jig: and it's awesome that your promoting Kokos and and the goldfish hobby :) I understand because all my coworker think I'm totally nuts for the love I have for my goldies, but to each their own I say :happydance

Congrats on kicking the fishless cycle's butt! I can just picture the look on their faces with the fish in tubs and the tank empty:) Way to stick to your guns, Girl. Those are some lucky fishies you have there. :thumb:

Congratulations! I don't think I could do a fishless cycle. I am very impatient. But luckily I have every cycled and do not plan on adding anymore tanks so I don't have to worry about that! xD

Are they mocking you like... play mocking? XD I know with my family, we are VERY joke oriented and call each other "bad" names in jest haha. But in the end, we know we do not mean it. If they are real mocking however.. o_O

Edited by orangeboar

Congratulations! I don't think I could do a fishless cycle. I am very impatient. But luckily I have every cycled and do not plan on adding anymore tanks so I don't have to worry about that! xD

Are they mocking you like... play mocking? XD I know with my family, we are VERY joke oriented and call each other "bad" names in jest haha. But in the end, we know we do not mean it. If they are real mocking however.. o_O

You can do it! I found that if I just kept adding ammonia to the tank and didnt actually test the water all the time it made it easier. I was testing the water 3 times s day lol. I also started pouring my used tank water from the quarentine tanks... ofcourse I waited about 2 months in quarentine before doing so to be safe. I feel like that helped alot.

The mocking is payful and kinda serious. My bf was fustrated Having gallons of water everywhere and he didnt understand why I bought a big t a nk and kept fidh out of there s o long... even when I explained lol. Everyone just says," its just a gold fish" grrrr.

Congrats on kicking the fishless cycle's butt! I can just picture the look on their faces with the fish in tubs and the tank empty:) Way to stick to your guns, Girl. Those are some lucky fishies you have there. :thumb:

Thank you! :)

I did a fishless cycle on my 55 and it took me 6 weeks. I did mine differently, though ... I put the fish in the tank, fed them and let them poop all over, and then removed them and returned them to their old tank at the first ammonia detection (I think it was 2 days). Then I just waited and tested. I have never heard of anyone doing it this way, and I did it when I was relatively new to the hobby. It seemed to take forever and yes, I got nonstop complaints about the empty tank!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk