I want to buy lucky bamboo but my PetSmart has their submerged

GoldieNewb

Is that a problem? I've read that they will die if they are fully submerged. I'm worried about buying some (they're kinda pricey too!) and them dying in a couple of days. :{ I'm planning on placing some inside my HOB filter.

Have you tried looking at grocery stores\supermarkets? Many have floral sections where they may carry lucky bamboo. I got mine from Price Chopper. :D It was around 3-4 dollars for a 7- inch stalk.

An even cheaper option is to go on Amazon.com, and search for lucky bamboo. I got several from there, for a steal! :)

I would not buy lucky bamboo that has been submerged, as the tip of the plant (the wood stalk) is highly susceptible to rot, if water gets inside. You may have a plant that looks just fine now, but in a few weeks... :(

:)

An even cheaper option is to go on Amazon.com, and search for lucky bamboo. I got several from there, for a steal! :)

I would not buy lucky bamboo that has been submerged, as the tip of the plant (the wood stalk) is highly susceptible to rot, if water gets inside. You may have a plant that looks just fine now, but in a few weeks... :(

I was worried about that :( I saw a video somewhere that talked about how delicate they were (when it comes to water). Thanks for the info! :)

I got mine there and it survived just fine ;)

Really? Wow, that's awesome! :) I'm glad yours turned out ok.

This is what I've bought on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036IPF0I/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

About 38 stalks for $16.00. I'm sure they have bundles with less stalks.

OMG, so much bamboo! XD Gonna have to see if my mom would want to plant some :) Thanks for the link!

Not to mention that it's dipped in a Petsmart tank which could possibly be a den of pathogens.

This is what I've bought on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036IPF0I/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

About 38 stalks for $16.00. I'm sure they have bundles with less stalks.

I want that!!!

I know exactly what I'll do :P I saw this cool internal filter at Petco that was MEANT for terrestrial planting! It had an open spot on top for sand/gravel. I would so get that and plant all if my bamboo in it :)

I saw this cool internal filter at Petco that was MEANT for terrestrial planting!

Please, tell us what type of filter what was!