★☆★Mystery/Apple Snails for SELL!★☆★

Daniel E.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter

Yes you do have to add it in.

Ive had them in with a betta before but it depends on the betta really. If you have a betta that constantly attacks the snail's antenna then it will eventually kill the snail. If you have a less aggressive betta you probably wont have a problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Supporter

I dont have any with goldfish at the moment so I dont really have a problem with that. I know some people separate them for feeding once or twice a week. Maybe someone else will have an idea aswell on this.

When I put a slice of zucchini in the tank - weighted down with a spoon- the snails are all over it and the fish leaves it alone. Every now and then, I take them out and feed them separately , say once every 10 days or so. During this feeding, they usually get messy food like fish or repashy.

• Supporter

They like cabbage too. I microwave some for a few sec then add it to the snail tanks. They really like it. Your goldfish may nibble on it too lol.

• Supporter

:cry

yours should be fine :) they are in the mail. Just the ones goung out tomorrow and the next day are in question because of temps dropping.

a6yhu5er.jpg

Per the shrimp, my goldies love shrimp. The get any extra krill when I feed the oscar and JD.

My package arrived today and everyone is fine. I just had to make sure I didn't add them to a tank with assassin snails.

• Supporter

It has come to my attention that it may not be legal to ship to some states in the US. So please check before you order to see if it is legal in your state.

Most of the info I have read speaks about some apple snail varieties but this one was not listed.

The species these are is

Pomacea diffusa.

I would just like everyone to be cautious of this.

Thank you

• Supporter

Update on the legality

Pomacea diffusa “mystery snail”- these snails are not plant eaters, permits are not required to sell across state lines. It is ONLY legal to sell the snails, it is ALWAYS illegal to sell the eggs.

Pomacea Diffusa are legal to buy and sell in all states.

:)

Edited by Daniel E.