★☆★Mystery/Apple Snails for SELL!★☆★

Daniel E.

• Supporter

So I have a bunch of mystery snail babies for sell. I will begin shipping shortly to anyone that wants some. As a koko members special here only im giving them away at the low price of $1 per snail. But thats not all. You will also have a choice of a free gift!!

The free gifts are as follows (as supplies last)

1.) Dwarf water lettuce.

2.) Frogbit

3.) Duckweed

4.) Ramshorn snails. (2-3)

5.) Bladder snails (2-3)

6.) Another mystery snail of my choice.

Now what you all but be asking. What kind of mystery snails. I have 3 varieties for sell. The blue mystery snail, the dark purple mystery snail, and the magenta mystery snail. Examples bellow of each. This said they are young and just now comming into their colors. They will continue to develop into their full colors and grow in size quickly. Also they have been raised in good water conditions and have no sell degradation. :)

The adult snail examples.

8uju6u7y.jpg

The purple mystery snail.

y8utude5.jpg

The blue mystery snail.

2a9adady.jpg

The magenta mystery snails.

Now pics of the parents.

y9aredus.jpgneny5y7y.jpgevebu9an.jpg

Pics of the babies.

y8u7usur.jpgemyby7u4.jpgvu5e9ahu.jpgdygudequ.jpgyveju3e2.jpgezutaner.jpg7yzetu2e.jpgbugepy3a.jpgru8a3e7a.jpg

Ok now lastly so basic info about these guys. They are not just algae eaters in fact if you wanting something to eat algae you would be better to get nerite snails. These are a scavenger snail and need both vegetation and protein in their diet. That said they will not eat your healthy aquatic plants. They will eat ones that are not healthy though. They will also eat submerged terrestrial plants, algae wafers, and other prepared foods such as gell foods, bloodworms, frozen and freeze dried shrimp, aswell as mist fish foods. Dont feel intimidated though they dont need all of this stuff. As long as they are getting the protein, veggies, and calcium they need you wont hear a complaint. I personally like to feed as a main diet omega one algae wafers and a good protein supplement (good quality fish food, shrimp pellets, bloodworms... any of these will do).

Now bioload. They do get big and have a substantial bioload. I would allow a min of 3 gal per adult snail and they grow quickly. So try to plan that into your decision :)

They are social snails and seem to enjoy company of their own kind. At least from my observations. Also they are sexual reperducers meaning they are male and female and need both to make babies.

Here is two pucs to help yoy as they grow to determine the sex of yours.

ydy6e2yr.jpgyvy5ygu4.jpg

Now if you're now wanting babies dont worry. They lay their eggs above the surface of the water and can be easily removed by hand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter

Posted before I was finished.

Here is a pic of what the eggs look like.

umu2utuv.jpg

As for water parameters. They need a pH of 7.4-8.2 to make sure they dont start losing layers of shell to the pH. Temps are preferred 75-80°F but they can live in water all they alway down too 50°F. They are sensitive to ammonia, nitrite and nitrate at high levels. So just keep up your water change schedule the same as you would for your fish :)

Now to order just send me a PM with your name address and what you want :)

Also I can have updates sent to your email if you provide an email address.

The cost will be the price of the snails+$0.5 (for packaging)+ shipping cost. I will let you know the total before shipping and make sure what time would be best for you.

Disclaimer: shipping may be delayed if weather dose not permit on either end.

Payment:

I will except paypal, check, or money order. For details ask in PM.

Thank yoy for your interest and for reading. :)

• Supporter

Awesome :D If I wasn't cycling a tank and had the room for one of these cuties, I'd be ALL over this! I love that you are offering these guys to koko's peeps and that you are being very informative for those who are interested. Good luck and I hope they go to good homes.

I want some, and I have room (can make room). What are you looking at for shipping cost?

• Supporter

I want some, and I have room (can make room). What are you looking at for shipping cost?

it will depend. Im working with the post office to get the lowest possable but depending on distance it could change. What im doing right now is getting the address so I can find out the exact cost and then making sure its ok with the person before shipping. Is ive not shipped any yet Idk what the average cost is at this time.

I'll pm you my address and What I am looking at getting.

I love your thread Daniel. :heart It's very informative and I love all the photo's that you included. The babies are adorable and the adults are beautiful in color. Love the purple one the most. I wish I wouldn't be afraid of picking up/holding one of these adults :teehee but I think I might be. :(:yikes They get huge and I love my little nerites that I have. I'm not squeamish of them. ha ha

I have a feeling your going to find lots of new homes for them. And how generous of you for the free gifts that your including with an order. :)

You can use this to calculate price. Just enter your zip, their zip, select "package", enter weight and submit for price quotes. :)

Told me so what?

that it'd probably cost the same as a small flat rate :teehee

• Supporter

But the small flat rate would not work :( I thought I was going to have to charge the $12 for the next size up. But lucky this worked out :)

But the small flat rate would not work :( I thought I was going to have to charge the $12 for the next size up. But lucky this worked out :)

Yeah they're little and meant for heavy objects. Maybe like a brick. :rofl