Wholesome Diet?

Guest Flint

Guest Flint

Here is what I thought of doing -

Repashy Soilent Green

NLS Thera A

frozen brine shrimp

frozen blood worms

Mix & cook the repashy, add NLS, and thawed brine shrimp and blood worms then set out to cool.

Feed this as a staple and give fresh peas, spinach, lettuce and mustard greens on a veggie clip 2-3 times a week.

Does this sound like a good, wholesome diet?

Does this sound like a good, wholesome diet?

Flint, this sounds like an excellent mix.

You can crush the NLS pellets up before making your gel. Also, if you blanch your fresh veggies and take the membranes off the peas first you can mush/cut those up and add them to your gel mix too. That's not to say that you still can't give them fresh veggies. I'd add a little garlic (roasted is easier to mush) - it might make them more interested in the Repashy. Your fish are lucky that you care enough for them to feed them such a great diet.

Guest Flint

We use the pre-cut garlic in a jar, can I use that? I thought about adding the veggies to the mix but I didn't want to over-do it seeing as the repashy is only going to hold on to so much being mixed in and I don't want everything separating if I can help it. I might add the peas to that and stick with the leafy veggies as whole food.

I don't even have the fish yet, I'm just making sure I have good plans for when I get them. (:

We use the pre-cut garlic in a jar, can I use that?

Absolutely, you can use raw garlic. If you have a garlic press run it through, or mush the cloves into a paste.

I add the type of veggies you're considering to my mix and it holds together fine, just make sure the water is boiling hot. Recently I've started adding agar agar as well for extra gel binding. Once it sets you can freeze it a bit - 15 minutes? - just enough so that when can cut it into smaller pieces it will hold together....then freeze the all the pieces in a container. The fact that the bits are frozen will also keep everything together when you feed your fish. I feed my smallest fish in little bite size chunks, so there is no debris to float around.

You'll find that each time you make a batch it will be a little different. The frozen pieces last for up to 3 months.

Edited by mysterygirl

This is extremely similar to what I give my guys and they love it, as well as they are growing like weeds!

The only differences are that I use Super Green instead of Soilent as it is safer on floaty fish, the NLS and bloodworms are fed separately, and I use Fresh-hatched Baby Brine Shrimp instead of frozen adult brine shrimp.

I know that seems like a lot of differences, but the nutritional profile is very similar. It's worked for me. I hope it all works for you too!

Guest Flint

I'll probably eventually mix solient and super green but for now I'm going with the prior because I read it's better for younger fish.